TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Bipolar rage - April 1st 2018, 12:50 PM

[SIZE="a"]I am dealing with pretty bad bipolar symptoms and I don't have an appointment with my Psychiatrist till April 11th. He's probably going to see me every 3 weeks until we get my medication in order.

However, I have been noticing that I get really angry at the slightest thing and instead of talking about it rationally I freak out and am...mean.

My boyfriend doesn't deserve this and I contemplate leaving him.

I am looking into a therapist and we will be looking for a couples therapist. He has a therapist who can probably help him figure out couples counseling (hopefully) since our insurances are different and mine is the one that covers couples.

I have figured out that people with bipolar can have bipolar rage. What I read said that it happens during hyop-mania or mania but it can happen after during the depression.

My depression isn't bad as it could be but I have something that 'triggers' it and I become hopeless about everything and then I get mean.

I don't want to be this way because it makes me think of my parents relationship and how one of them was emotionally abusive. I am not a terribly mean person. I love my boyfriend but I snap.

I also have PTSD so that might be at play but I'll have to ask my psychiatrist.

Does anyone experience and do you have any suggestions to help?[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Bipolar rage - April 5th 2018, 10:17 PM

It's good that you recognise that the rage causes issues for you and your relationship, and even better that you are seeking professional help too.

I don't have personal experience with bipolar, but it can help to listen to signs that you are about to go into a rage. What's going through your mind, what feelings emotionally and physically do you get? Being aware of these things may help you to recognise that you are entering a rage and perhaps find ways of calming down or leaving the situation.

Would it help to get your boyfriend involved in figuring out how to deal with the rage? It might not work for all situations, but if your boyfriend could learn when you are in a rage, and be able to let calmly let you know that he feels you are in a rage and that he is going to leave and wait for things to calm down, it might help a bit.

Working on your triggers for depression may also help, although it's good to know that the depression isn't as bad as it could be.

Remember, you are not your parents. The rage might remind you of their relationship, but you aren't the same. You are aware, you are trying, and you are struggling with rage. You love your boyfriend and you aren't mean, definitely not deliberately meant either.

Sorry I don't have many suggestions but hope others can jump in and provide insight!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread