TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oh, Bother Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Moods - July 17th 2018, 11:53 PM

I am so sick and tired of my god damn moods. They are all over the place. I am sleeping a lot more than I was a couple months ago. I am either happy or sad. I am irritated and annoyed every day. I am getting so frustrated.

I literally just started crying over what I got told we are having for dinner. We are having left overs and I HATE left overs for dinner. They are okay for lunch and breakfast but not dinner. I cannot make something for myself since I get to overwhelmed when I have to choose what I want to eat and make it.

I am also so pissed off because it seems like all anyone ever wants to do these days is talk about them and what they are going through. I know that I haven't been having problems lately and everything has been going great, but slowly I have been seeing my moods change and being frustrated not really wanting to leave the house even to go swimming( But i chalk that part up to it being 100 degrees).

I just wish my people would ask me if there was anything I need help with. I just feel so lost:/.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend"
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Moods - July 19th 2018, 04:03 PM

Sorry to hear you feel so lost and that you are struggling to deal with your mood swings. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you.

It seems like perhaps you don't feel acknowledged? As in you were told you were having left overs for dinner but you don't like that and equally you find it difficult to make your own dinner. So ideally, maybe you would like to have been acknowledged and perhaps given a choice of what to eat because you don't like leftovers.

And at the same time, while you haven't been going through a difficult time, mental illness doesn't discriminate. Things might be going well for you, but that doesn't mean that your moods will reflect this and perhaps having someone to set aside time and ask how you are, might help a bit.

Sometimes people can get caught up in their own problems and not realise that others might be struggling too. If this is the case for you, maybe try asking someone that you'd like to talk about how you have been feeling. Equally, it might help to try to improve communication when it comes to dinner- perhaps ask if you can have something different, or come up with a meal plan or ask that they let you know in advance when they are having leftovers so that maybe you can give yourself time to pick a different dinner and get help making your own (if possible).

When our mood changes, it can be hard to motivate ourselves to do the things we enjoy doing. It's definitely getting warmer and I understand why you may not want to go out in the heat so much. But if you enjoy swimming, maybe try to get back into it slowly as you may find that it helps with your mood.

Hang in there

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
eviewiseman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Moods - August 16th 2018, 12:48 PM

I'm also feel sick and tired.

Closed Thread