TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Creator of my own world...

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Court

Case Manager - August 3rd 2018, 12:00 AM

I don't know what to think about this. My case manager is leaving, she's not going to be a case manager any more, instead she's entering another career field. I'm really going to miss her, I've worked with her for seven years now and we have a real connection. I don't know if I want another case manager or if I want to try things out on my own. My case manager said that she thinks I would do fine without one but that it was totally up to me whether or not I wanted another. I was thinking about maybe trying to go without a case manager and to see what happens, she said since I'm still seeing a psychiatrist at her current place of employment I can get another case manager whenever I feel the need to have a new one. I don't know what to think or what to do!!!!

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Case Manager - August 3rd 2018, 12:15 AM

I would ask your therapist about it if they work as a team with your case manager. Also, ask your case manager what they think in their professional opinion as to whether or not you can get on without a new case manager and continue with therapy by itself.

I'm not exactly sure what your case manager did with you or how much time is left before they leave permanently, but perhaps have a weaning-off process so that when they have left, you can manage by yourself. But still ask both your case manager and therapist for their professional opinions.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline

Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Case Manager - August 3rd 2018, 12:18 AM

I'm not in counseling any more, haven't been for 4 months now and she's done next week, she put her two weeks in this past Monday. I will still have a psychiatrist, however.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Case Manager - August 3rd 2018, 12:48 AM

Oh that's great, congratulations on being done with counseling!

If you have another meeting with your case manager, I would definitely bring it up to her.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Case Manager - August 3rd 2018, 01:11 AM

Hey Court,
I am so sorry that your case manager is leaving. I know you guys had a strong bond together. I know how difficult it is to have a bond with a case manager and not having them anymore. Although my case was a little different.

I think that since your case manager thinks you are going to be able to go without a case manager, I would try and go without one. But if you need a case manager after a while then you can talk to your psychiatrist and get a new one.
Your friend,
Frankie<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline

Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Case Manager - August 3rd 2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aca-awkward View Post
Hey Court,
I am so sorry that your case manager is leaving. I know you guys had a strong bond together. I know how difficult it is to have a bond with a case manager and not having them anymore. Although my case was a little different.

I think that since your case manager thinks you are going to be able to go without a case manager, I would try and go without one. But if you need a case manager after a while then you can talk to your psychiatrist and get a new one.
Your friend,
Frankie<3
Thanks Frankie I think I could talk to my psychiatrist and see what she thinks as well, she hasn't known me as long as my case manager, but she has some insight into my case.

Resilient

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Case Manager - August 3rd 2018, 01:41 AM

Hey there,

This sounds difficult. I am sorry she is leaving but I think it's amazing that she thinks you'd be good without a case manager. That seems to imply that you are doing better. I think talking to your psychiatrist about it could help. You could also make a plan with your psychiatrist so that if things start to get rough you'll be able to get a case manager in place. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to go without one for a bit as long as everyone on your team agrees that it would be okay to do.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline

Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Case Manager - August 4th 2018, 11:05 PM

I've decided to keep going with another case manager My current case manager talked to my psychiatrist and together they thought that I needed to continue with one, at least for now. I'm meeting her on Wednesday, which I'm kinda nervous about, but my current case manager will be there too, so I'm not too anxious.

Resilient

(#9 (permalink)) Old
eviewiseman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

August 16th 2018, 12:48 PM

That's just great!

Thanks for sharing it!

Last edited by Celyn; August 16th 2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Closed Thread