TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nikkkkki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Am i depressed - August 8th 2018, 05:34 PM

This started about a year ago. First i cryed several times a day for no reason. That turned into a habit but it was only a few times a week. Then my parents started being mean to me( more than usual) and it went back to crying twice a day. I started hearing no for an answer in everything. NO puppy. NO sleepover. NO new clothes for the begining of the school year. (even NO lunch today). That made me
angry at myself thinking it was my fault. I havent talked to anybody about it. I found out that i feel best when i write my feelings in a diary. About 4 months ago i started scratching deep holes in my arm. I think i am depressed. Does anybody have any advice?

Last edited by Nikkkkki; August 8th 2018 at 05:58 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Am i depressed - August 8th 2018, 09:32 PM

Sorry to hear you have been feeling low and have started scratching yourself.

Unfortunately, we aren't professionals, so we can't diagnose or say for sure whether you are depressed or not. That said, it's clear that you have had low mood for some time and this has been affecting you to the point of starting to self-harm.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel your parents have been mean towards you. Being a teenager does come with it's own challenges and it's common to have disagreements with parents during the teenage years. And though it's not nice hearing 'no' all the time, it doesn't mean that it's your fault e.g. parents might not be able to afford a puppy or new clothes. As for scratching yourself, you might want to check out our alternatives page for ideas on what to do when the urge to scratch hits. It's better to try to stop self-harming rather than continue and let it get worse or out of hand. There are healthier ways of dealing with your emotions.

I'm glad to hear that you feel better when you write your feelings in a diary. How would you feel talking to someone about how you have been feeling? Perhaps someone you trust whether that's a family member, a good friend, teacher or school counsellor. If you talk to your parents, you don't have to go into detail as to why you feel this way (to avoid any blame). But it might be helpful to talk to someone. Since you've been feeling this way for a while, it's also best that you talk to a doctor who will be able to diagnose and refer you to appropriate treatment.

You can get through this

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread