TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hazlegrace Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy im a mess - September 1st 2018, 02:03 AM

when i was in 6th grade i got in to a really big fight with my friends. they were excluting me so i decide to walk away. my "friend" called me dramatic so i lashed out at her (a side of me she had never seen). i cussed and yelled. the rest of the school year (like 3 weeks) i came home and cried. it sprirled me into a deep depression. i saw a therapist up until summer. i never told him anything because i never trusted him. he was the one who runied my life. he told me the one thing i did not want to hear. he was the one who told me i had depression, anxiety, and OCD. i never wanted to tell him anything so i never really did. i never even told my mother the full truth. i want to go back to school in 3 days and see my friends and be happy but i dont know if they will be nice to me. i am so worried. i just want someone to tell me everything will be OK. i dont want to shed another tear over this. i want a hug i want someone anyone to whisper in my ear and tell me they love me. my life is such a mess. im a straight A student and i cant even keep my life straight. i dont know who am but i do know what i want. i want things to go back to normal. thanks for listening and im sorry about my spelling.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I'm only human...

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Court

Re: im a mess - September 1st 2018, 02:15 AM

Hey hon, everything will turn out alright I had a really hard time around that point of my life, my friends all hated me and called me a liar and such, but guess what happened? Sure, my last year of middle school was the worst, but when I hit high school I made real friends and everyone I used to be friends with that became my, well, enemies, ignored me and I them. High school was so much better for my and I'm hoping will be for you.

If your friends don't acknowledge you or reject you, then find new ones, they really aren't meant to be your friends if they don't stick with you through the good and the bad times. Real friends do, or are supposed to. There are plenty others out there that I'm sure would be happy to be your friend and be good ones.

I know where you're coming from having been in that position at some point, but the thing is, it may not seem like it now, but life will get better. You just have to believe that it will.

I can do it
I'll get through it
But Iím only human
And I bleed when I fall down
Iím only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause Iím only human, yeah

"Human" by Christina Perri

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

Just breathe and believe.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: im a mess - September 3rd 2018, 12:04 AM

Hey,

You said your therapist ruined things for you because he told you things that you did not want to hear. Unfortunately, therapy is not an easy process and it sometimes involves hearing things that you are uncomfortable with. Are you still seeing this therapist? Maybe you can return to him and work on trusting him. Trust with a therapist takes time, but you could start small. Alternatively, you can see another therapist or maybe your school counselor if this therapist wasn't a good fit.

Just know that therapy can and does work for people. You just have to be ready to face things and work on yourself. If you're not, you can always wait until you are ready.

As it has been said above, if your friends don't acknowledge you then they weren't meant to be your friends. You deserve to be treated better than that. Try to have an open mind and maybe you'll make some new friends.

Best of luck with school.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread