TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Struggling - September 13th 2018, 08:19 PM

I feel like the whole world is crashing down on me. I can't think straight, my BPD is making me act on impulse and is causing me to ruin good things. I don't think my medicine is working anymore and I can't handle the thought of people hating me. I feel like I have to change my entire self just to please people and I feel like I have to suffer to make people happy and accept me. Is this my BPD and depression acting up, or maybe something else?

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Struggling - September 17th 2018, 02:55 PM

Since we're not professionals, we can't really say what is causing this. However, you know yourself and your symptoms better than anyone else can. How are you feeling now? What do you personally think is making you feel this way? Do you think it's BPD, depression, both, or something else? If you think it's something else, maybe something triggered you.

If or when you feel ready, maybe you can work on being impulsive. For instance, when you feel like doing or saying something, you can stop and think for a little while and see if it is something that is okay to do before doing it.

Can you tell someone you think your medication isn't working anymore? Change with medication takes time but it can make a world of difference when the positive changes with it do occur.

You don't need to change yourself to satisfy other people. Even if you do change yourself, you won't be able to please everyone. If people don't like you or can't accept you for who you are, that is their problem, not yours.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Struggling - September 18th 2018, 07:46 PM

When we are going through a relapse or a trigger where we feel worse than usual, it's easy to start falling into the trap that others are going to hate us. But if you have supportive people in your life who know that you struggle with mental health, they won't hate you. Try to keep reminding yourself that you are going through a bad patch but that doesn't mean people are hating you.

Acting on impulse can make life more complicated especially if we make poor decisions. Is it possible to take a quick few seconds to stop and think before you act on an impulse? Even if it may seem like a good idea to do something in the moment, ask yourself if you may regret it later on, or whether it's your emotions that are driving the decision and not logic. You can always wait for your emotions to lessen a bit and then make a decision whether you want to do something or not.

Everyone has things they struggle with, and with mental health, we do have some responsibility when it comes to looking after ourselves and recovering. But this doesn't mean that you should change for others completely. And also, you are more than your diagnoses. They are a part of you, but not all of you. So you'll never have to change your entire self!

As it's been said, we can't say for sure what's behind your recent mood and behavior changes. But I do think it's a good idea to talk with your doctor, especially if you feel your medication isn't working as it should be.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Re: Struggling - September 19th 2018, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely going to talk to my doctor about everything.

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.

Closed Thread