TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

It's all the same isn't it? - February 10th 2020, 08:08 AM

I don't know where to put this, as this is a bit of everything. Feel free to move this around if it doesnt fit.

So for almost two years I've been single (bar a one month relationship that ended inmore distance distance and confusion a few months ago), and all I've noticed ever since, is that everything feels the same and everyone (or most people) around me want everything to stay the same.

For example, my friends. All they do is drink themselves drunk at each others houses until 12 am strikes so they can go to church the next morning. Rarely, if ever, new people I could meet there and they rarely go somewhere else (maybe the cinema, but that's it). My own town also doesn't have much to do for young adults, but none of my friends either want to come with me or have the time. The only thing I have is a few religious festivals a year, which always are bangers and fun to participate in, but it's always a long wait inbetween and I want to meet non-religious people as well.

I used to not have confidence for social interaction, but I have that now, and I cannot use that in the environment I'm in. It makes me dread most weekends, as I know I'll just be wasting it by staying at home, because I can only choose between either have to attend a drink party where there's no new people or just stay at home and game/watch my time away until I go to school/internship. I'm 22 now and as I live in a more conservative town, I sometimes begin to think that if this continues, I'll just die alone and that I am not allowed to progress outside of my professional life.

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: It's all the same isn't it? - February 21st 2020, 07:58 PM

Hey there,

It sounds like you are a bit bored of your social life, while others around you, seem to be content. You want a change, now that you've gained confidence, but others either don't have the time to do new things or don't feel the same need as you. Naturally, this causes a problem for you.

It also sounds like where you live doesn't have much going on either. It's good that you have the religious festivals, but it makes sense that you would want more going on rather than waiting between the festivals. I'm wondering what kind of things you are interested in or what would you want to do? Maybe, if possible, you could save up and do things outside of your area? You may have to go alone if you can't get your friends to come with you, but if you find something that you want to go to, try not to let the fact that your friends might not go with you put you off- they are the ones that will be missing out! And maybe when your friends realise you are doing fun things, they might want to join you too.

You don't have to stay at home over the weekends- maybe you can look on social media or other sites for events or things you can attend? Or maybe volunteer (you might meet other people that way?)

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: It's all the same isn't it? - February 21st 2020, 09:08 PM

I've got a positive update regarding this.

After doing some research, I've found out about a foundation helping young adults getting better social lives by hosting meetups and I'm joining one near me. I'm feeling a lot better about this now, I now know that I am not the only one having similar feelings to this

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.