TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Severe issues after moving - June 9th 2020, 03:01 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Preface: I’ve lived with my best friend, K, for almost 6 years. I met my bf, D, about three years ago. He moved in with k and I and we always talked about getting our own place away from k. We moved June 1st to our new place.

I’ve been having an incredibly hard time since actually moving.

I’ve cried nearly every day, have had several panic attacks. I have many irrational worries( it’s a basement apartment and I’m afraid we’re too loud etc). I don’t feel like it’s home.

I miss K and our one dog (she stayed with my friend at our old apartment, our other dog came with d and I).

I’ve been super nauseous and exhausted and emotional. (TMI warning) I’ve vomited a few days in a row and have been going number 2 up to 8 times a day, usually not solid. My heart feels like it’s going too fast. I just feel awful. My stomach is constantly in knots, I dread everything and I don’t know why. I dread waking up in the mornings. I have no appetite really, and have lost [Edited] since moving.
I didn’t think it would be this hard on me ��

My question is: is this “normal”? How long will it last? I just want it to stop �� I want to enjoy this new adventure, but the change is so drastic.

Thanks[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]

Last edited by Celyn; June 12th 2020 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Weight number

(#2 (permalink)) Old
2hot4u Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachael

Re: Severe issues after moving - June 12th 2020, 01:15 AM

So this was my post (before I remembered my log in info) and I figured I’d update.

I went to the emergency room to go to crisis intervention on Tuesday. It was quite helpful thankfully. They gave me a new medication to start, I had a phone interview with a therapist today and I’m going to have both a family doctor (gp) and a psychiatrist appointment next week.

I’m feeling significantly better but still having rough patches.

http://www.teenhelp.org/blogs/2hot4u/

R.I.P Mommy </3 July 1,1963-April 8, 2012. I miss you

It's a momentary relief from the existential terror of existence!

Had to get stitches for the first time due to self harm on June 2, 2013

(#3 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Re: Severe issues after moving - June 12th 2020, 05:35 AM

That's good that you're going to get help . I'm glad that the crisis intervention were helpful.

When moving, its natural to feel anxious. Do you have any pictures or do you remember what your old place looked like ? What you could do is arrange your new place similar to what your old place looked like to make it feel more homely. Just because you have moved it doesn't mean that K is out of your life,once settled you could invite K to your new place.

"Never forget what you are,the rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Severe issues after moving - June 12th 2020, 09:21 PM

I haven't moved out but I can imagine that living with your best friend and boyfriend for 6 years and then moving and have to get used to a new place, minus your best friend can be difficult. Especially if it doesn't feel like 'home' yet. I guess in some way, it may feel that you can't be yourself or just relax (worrying about being too loud) and that's allowing your anxiety to continue.

Change can be difficult, but more so if you already struggle with anxiety or other conditions, before making a drastic change. It may take some time for you to get used to your new living arrangement and lower the anxiety but equally it does sound like you are really struggling at the moment.

It's really good to hear that you've started a new medication and a phone interview with a therapist. It's also good that you'll be speaking to your gp and a psychiatrist too. Sometimes we just need a bit of help to get us back on track.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, and I think it's normal to still have some rough patches. Hang in there

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer