TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PlutoTheOpposum Offline
Lyl
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lyl
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 2,216, Level: 7 Points: 2,216, Level: 7 Points: 2,216, Level: 7

Exclamation AHHHHH. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT's WRONG WITH ME. - April 10th 2023, 10:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

TW// S*icidal ideation, meds, hospitals, DE, etc

AGHH. I've fooled myself into thinking I'm getting better. But I don't know if I am. I'm still feeling how I was when I was sent off to the psych ward. I'm still having these extremes.
One day, I'll be actually HAPPY with my life. It's really hard to describe the feeling I have during that time. It's like...numb almost? But it's not numb. It's more like me being unable to identify what happy emotion I'm feeling. And I'll be so much more energetic, and really the only downside is that I'm a little more impulsive with certain things.
But then, I spiral back down into that pit of mine. I'll get really bad thoughts, some of which are really dangerous because I have a sort of lingering intent behind them. A lot of the time I just channel it into unhealthy coping mechanisms. Like during this dip I usually either stop eating, or eat WAYY too much. That's what's happening now. And obviously, I'm a lot more tired, no matter how much sleep I get.
It just feels like my meds aren't working. Everyone thinks they do. Hell, I thought they did. But I'm still having all these thoughts and habits, and it's been almost a year. I had the same problem with my last meds.
It's like, on one hand I want to TELL someone. I know I'm unpredictable right now. It's how I was last time I attempted. But on the other hand, if I do tell someone then they won't believe me. Or, if they do, they'll be mad that I lied to them about getting better.
And this is going to be shocking of me to say, but I WANT to go back to the hospital. Not for myself, but for my girlfriend. For my sisters. I know they care about me, but I know one thing could send me cascading over the edge. One night of me thinking too hard, or a few bad days in a row is all it takes. But I DO care about people. It's just my impulsiveness. And before you guys tell me about the things to work on impulsiveness---I've TRIED. I got sent home with a big folder talking about "think before you act!" and "Steps to stop impulsiveness!" but NONE of it has helped.
But then even SAYING I want to go to the hospital makes me feel attention-seeking. I feel like the only reason I should be going is for a failed attempt. As kind of a punishment, of sorts. Because I know my parents won't take well if I just up and said, "Yeaah, no. I lied about being all good. I might k*ms if I dont go to the hospital." (obviously not how I'd go about it) and ALL of the trust I'd have made with them would be gone.
I don't know. This is making me scared and upset. It's just so much. And I'm not sure it's just depression anymore, because I lied a LOT to the doctors. About everything. But I'M not a doctor, so I can't make that call.

Anyways, TL;DR- I've been having highs and lows and I might km*s if I don't get help, but I don't wanna look attention-seeking

Thank you if you read all this. Just me rambling I guess.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lisa3 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 1,414, Level: 5 Points: 1,414, Level: 5 Points: 1,414, Level: 5

Re: AHHHHH. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT's WRONG WITH ME. - April 11th 2023, 01:57 PM

Having so many humor changes reminds me... Sclerosis.
Do you have only humor changes frequently?
Closed Thread