TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f14-mental-health/)
-   -   Self-Care (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f14-mental-health/t164724-self-care/)

Dawn. December 31st 2023 01:38 AM

Self-Care

How do you practice self-care? How often do you do it?

Ennui. December 31st 2023 05:02 PM

Re: Self-Care

I need to practice it more! Lately I’ve been trying to unwind by playing a game on my Switch.

Dawn. January 2nd 2024 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennui. (Post 1391263)
I need to practice it more! Lately I’ve been trying to unwind by playing a game on my Switch.

I've been aiming to set time aside every day for myself to do something I enjoy.

Silvan January 2nd 2024 06:05 PM

I try to visit spa/beautician/massage therapist on a regular basis.
I take a bath every now and then.

Ambedo. January 3rd 2024 06:56 PM

I definitely need to get better about incorporating self-care into my daily schedule. Lately, I've been trying to be intentional about setting aside at least 30 minutes a day to do an activity I enjoy, such as reading a book or playing my guitar.

Soda_Voxel January 4th 2024 04:50 PM

I'm hoping to practise self care as a whole much more this year - it's something I struggle a lot with but it always feels nice to do in the end

Arabesque- golfing girl. January 4th 2024 05:02 PM

Dancing all the time, baking sweets for everyone, playing with my animals, walking our dogs, drawing, painting, and reading.

Dawn. January 6th 2024 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvan (Post 1391326)
I try to visit spa/beautician/massage therapist on a regular basis.
I take a bath every now and then.

I see my beautician once a month and I finally have been able to switch off when I get a facial.

Silvan January 6th 2024 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn. (Post 1391375)
I see my beautician once a month and I finally have been able to switch off when I get a facial.

That's great to hear! It's so important to take your time to switch off. :hug:

Dawn. January 11th 2024 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvan (Post 1391398)

That's great to hear! It's so important to take your time to switch off. :hug:

I wish I could do it more often. :hehe:

hocus pocus January 22nd 2024 09:59 PM

For me there is daily self-care that has to be done, like taking my meds, brushing my teeth, etc. Someitmes I do something to make it more fun, like switching my shampoo to a different scent or something. Then I have more fun self-care, like catching up on a show or watching a comforting one, going outside, scrolling my phone (I do try to limit it a bit), or spending time with my pets. I do my nails sometimes too but lately I have not had the appropriate amount of energy for that.

Dawn. January 23rd 2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hocus pocus (Post 1391800)
For me there is daily self-care that has to be done, like taking my meds, brushing my teeth, etc. Someitmes I do something to make it more fun, like switching my shampoo to a different scent or something. Then I have more fun self-care, like catching up on a show or watching a comforting one, going outside, scrolling my phone (I do try to limit it a bit), or spending time with my pets. I do my nails sometimes too but lately I have not had the appropriate amount of energy for that.

As long as you are able to do it! :)