TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Not able to think clearly? - June 28th 2009, 05:04 AM

Alright, well I hate to make yet another thread, and I really apologize for that, but I have a question, kind of.

Is it normal to sometimes not be able to think clearly at all? For example, at certain times during the day it's as if my feelings completely control me, and it's hard for me to think rationally. At times it really scares me, as when I get angry I fear that my feelings take control and if I cannot think rationally that I would end up hurting myself or someone else. It has already happened when I have felt depressed, as I have ended up cutting myself numerous amounts of times without even being able to think about what I was doing.

One moment I'll be in tears, the next I will be laughing uncontrollably. I've passed this by as horomones many times, but it has only worsened and worsened. Usually when I have mood swings due to hormones I can at least tell that I am having a mood swing - however, when this happens, like I said, it's literally like I'm not in control of my brain, like I have no power over my actions, words, thoughts, or body. So as you can imagine, it really scares me. I think things I definitely would not normally think, and occasionally will say things that I'm not accustomed to saying. I have better control over my body, but it's as if I can in no way control what I'm thinking.

I don't know what this is, but it's really scaring me, and I don't know how to prevent it any longer. I don't want to feel as if I'm not in control of my own mind. So I guess what I'm asking is, is this a symptom of any mental illness of some sort? I'm not asking to be diagnosed as I know that is not possible, but I am simply wondering, is this a symptom that could hint that I have a certain mental illness?

I'm thinking I should talk to my psychiatrist about this, but my next appointment with her is still not for about another month, and I thought it might be useful to have at least a general idea of what could be causing me to feel this way? I really hope I don't sound like a crazy person...

Thanks

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
rockstar29 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Not able to think clearly? - June 28th 2009, 05:30 AM

it sounds like aspergers but im not a doctor
im just a kid who has aspergers and experienced what u described

Closed Thread