TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alreadyrandom Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

So I'm having this issue... - August 26th 2009, 01:40 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Where I get attached to people who care... like if I meet them and they worry about me or care or something only works if you meet in person though I get attached to them? I make them worry on purpose if I can? doesn't work on family members or anything though.. When I leave people like that I go into a depression and if they're focused on helping people in depressions I go into a worse depression help please I don't know what to do it's pathetic and I don't try to do it and I really want to stop! How do I live my own like if I'm stuck on stuff like that Marked it triggering due to depression issues

-alreadyrandom-

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: So I'm having this issue... - August 26th 2009, 02:42 AM

Hi there,

First of all, welcome to TeenHelp
Second, I can really relate to what you said. It's not pathetic at all, and I'm sure that others can relate as well. As humans, we have a need to be taken care of and nurtured. It's common for us to want to hold onto that need. I think that we know that if we have problems, people are likely to care about us, so we want to make them worry to ensure that they won't leave us, and that they will continue nurturing us.

Something that was helpful for me was to talk with these individuals and let them know how I felt. Often times I just needed reassurance that they would still care and take care of me, even when I didn't have a problem or issue. That reassurance can make all the difference. Do you think you could talk to any of these people about it?

Please know that you are not weird or pathetic--you're just human! Take good care of yourself and know I'm here to talk anytime.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
alreadyrandom Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: So I'm having this issue... - August 26th 2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Hi there,

First of all, welcome to TeenHelp
Second, I can really relate to what you said. It's not pathetic at all, and I'm sure that others can relate as well. As humans, we have a need to be taken care of and nurtured. It's common for us to want to hold onto that need. I think that we know that if we have problems, people are likely to care about us, so we want to make them worry to ensure that they won't leave us, and that they will continue nurturing us.

Something that was helpful for me was to talk with these individuals and let them know how I felt. Often times I just needed reassurance that they would still care and take care of me, even when I didn't have a problem or issue. That reassurance can make all the difference. Do you think you could talk to any of these people about it?

Please know that you are not weird or pathetic--you're just human! Take good care of yourself and know I'm here to talk anytime.
<3
I really don't think I could talk to them i'm way too embarresed by the issue no offense it's like if I tell them they will treat me differently and I have a tendancy to push them away anyways

(#4 (permalink)) Old
silentmuffin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: So I'm having this issue... - August 26th 2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alreadyrandom View Post
Where I get attached to people who care... like if I meet them and they worry about me or care or something only works if you meet in person though I get attached to them? I make them worry on purpose if I can? doesn't work on family members or anything though.. When I leave people like that I go into a depression and if they're focused on helping people in depressions I go into a worse depression help please I don't know what to do it's pathetic and I don't try to do it and I really want to stop! How do I live my own like if I'm stuck on stuff like that Marked it triggering due to depression issues

-alreadyrandom-
I'm sorry that I don't have any advice for you, I just felt like I needed to reply because I got on here to make basically the same exact post you made. I'm the same way and I think I'm ruining all of my relationships because of it. People get sick of dealing with me all the time and I get so obsessed with the few people I really feel connected to that I start exaggerating and lying to them to get them to worry about me or sympathize or pity me. I don't know what to do because if I go to them to tell them about this problem, I think I'd just be making it worse, looking for their attention even more. So I don't really tell anyone anything, and then I feel alone and helpless and they feel like I don't like them and don't want to talk to them.

It's like a lose-lose situation. If I keep my mouth shut I'll never fix my problems and my friends will think I don't want to talk to them, but if I talk I'll just be digging the hole even deeper, relying on them even more than I already do.

I just wanted you to know you're not alone and I don't think it's pathetic.

Aš tave myliu, Nanny. I'm carrying your love with me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
gone_wrong Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ellie

Re: So I'm having this issue... - September 5th 2009, 06:29 PM

ur not pathetic there is odviously an issue somewhere maybe u dont feel attention or nurtured at home can u talk to ur parent how u feel , the other thing is it migh be worth goin to a doctor about the depression ans this is odviously part of it they might be able to find somone for u talk to and help u out a bit it hard i no but i can get through this with our help pm me if u wana chat xx

Closed Thread