TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MamaBear Offline
Me
Average Joe

Name: *Spiffy nickname*

Question am I crazy? - September 3rd 2009, 07:29 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I think I might be insane, I talk to myself all the time, like full on discuss things with myself, not only that but I argue with myself in my mind like there is two of me in my mind!
I know I'm weird but I never thought I was this weird.
my mom says that my grandma was crazy, she would talk to herself and that by the things she seen her doing she thinks she was insane....
i hear A voice but its mine well like I said there is two of me in my mind, one that tells me i should kill myself and brings up all the things that make my depressed and another that fights and says that I can't leave because of how it would hurt my family...
I can't do anything without the one always telling me how easy it would be to just do this and end it or this and its just taking its tole on me...I don't know what to do
my mom is like REALLY christian so if I tell her she will think that it is the devil and that I am an evil person when I'm not... I know that I'm not the best of people but I'm NOT an evil person...
I don't know what to do, I have no one to talk to here.
oh... I had a split personality for a while but shhh don't tell anyone, shes not here anymore so I guess that doesn't count

so... am I crazy?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: am I crazy? - September 3rd 2009, 11:36 AM

I always have conversations with myself in my head, I'm pretty used to it. I sometimes imagine future conversations with people too, that's mainly because of my fear of talking to people I don't know very well so me thinking about what I will say in future situations helps me.

The only thing I find concerning is that you're saying a part of you is saying to kill yourself. I think you should go to a doctor about depression and also tell him about the part of you that's telling you to kill yourself.

Good luck with it all <333

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
justlikeme0 Offline
Average Joe

Re: am I crazy? - September 7th 2009, 01:10 AM

you arnt crazy. i have a problem similar (probably close to identical) to that. but the "good voice" in my head has vanished with time. its very scary and confusing.
the best thing to do is to get help for it anyway you can. i know it might be scary to tell your mom. i dont know how she will react because i dont know her. but im sure she loves you. and if you make it clear to her that you are not evil and that you want help for this problem, i think she will try to get you help.
no matter what, dont listen to that bad side! dont give him the satisfaction of you listening to him. dont let him controle you. dont let him win by you killing yourself. stand up for yourself. i know this will be very hard. im dealing with this too. but find something to distract you from it or ignore it.
if there is a time when he isnt nagging you, make a quick list of everthing that you enjoy in life, or like about yourself or that make you happy. then when he is telling you bad things, pull out that list and remind yourself of everything that is good.
i know you are not crazy. try to tell your mom and see a psyciatrist. it will get better. please, PM me if you want. we could help eachother out.
good luck =)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Life Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: am I crazy? - September 7th 2009, 01:21 AM

There is nothing wrong with speaking to the 'voice' inside of your own mind - which is yours. In essence, you would just be a very analytical and perhaps doubtful individual. It doesn't qualify you as being insane.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: am I crazy? - September 7th 2009, 01:32 AM

You don't necessarily have to tell your mom. Maybe you can find a doctor on your own and go mention what's going on and then once you have found out what's going on or what the doctor thinks it is, you or the doctor can tell your mom.
Either way, you should really get it checked out so that you don't loose the voice fighting back.
Also, you aren't crazy. You aren't the only person I've heard of going through this.
PM me if you ever want to talk.
Em

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: am I crazy? - September 7th 2009, 02:56 AM

Crazy people don't know they are crazy.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
Closed Thread