TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lido Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

school psychologist - September 5th 2009, 06:10 AM

Well I was seeing a councilor about a friend of mine looking for advice I made the mistake of talking to him about a thing that's been going on with me for awhile. One thing lead to another and I ended up seeing the school psychologist, and I know this is gonna sound really unhealthy and insane but what if I don't wanta see this guy to talk about things? I have this habit of forming whole characters that I have conversations with, and I know they're all me even when they're more in the drivers seat for my body then I am and sure that lead to some potentially threatening situations earlier on but that was then and this is now and the only reason they exist is to solve these problems with me or something and I know that they don't want to go cause I just think that if we do go then they're gonna die and why should they have to DIE!? they've got everybit as much right to exist as you or me or anyone else, I know they don't mean anything to anyone else but there real to me. People like connor have stood by me through every crisis I've ever been through he's the only one who's ever stood up for me with my parents, even people like Walker who is like all my self destructive urges rolled up into a single person he deserves to exist doesn't he? I mean he feels and loves and cries just like you and me he just goes further then the rest of us. The point is they have lives, stories, feelings, they're real and I don't really want them gone I guess

people like you and me, it's our job to care it's all we know it's what we were created to do. Even if the people we care about weren't real or didn't know us, we just keep on caring anyway. That way we make sure a little piece of that person lingers on watching over us, like the heroes in our dreams like the stars in the sky.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
gone_wrong Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ellie

Re: school psychologist - September 5th 2009, 06:23 PM

i think maybe it worth trying it might no get rid of them but help walker to express himself in a safer happy way so all of u can be happyer it worth a try it might really help u never no PM me if u want to chat im in a very simular situation and i might just be trying therpy xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: school psychologist - September 6th 2009, 02:03 PM

Hey there,

I can understand why it may be difficult for you to try and talk about how you're feeling with your school psychologist, but that really is not too unusual, many people (if not most) do find it very difficult to talk about things with their psychologist - that's okay. There is no rush and you can talk at your own pace with your psychologist because you are in control. It's not unusual to not want to talk about things, but there is no reason why you shouldn't talk.
I realise that it could be difficult for you to face the prospect of these characters leaving but that is something that you should talk to your psychologist about if you're worried. You have said that you have been in some potentially threatening situations and that's not okay, it's time to try and take action to prevent those situations becoming threatening again. I think that talking to your school psychologist about these characters and the worries you are facing in regards to them leaving would be a good idea.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
mixtape Offline
Not a n00b

Re: school psychologist - September 15th 2009, 12:42 AM

I always say therapists are like soulmates; you are in search of finding the one. Some people are easier to talk to than others, maybe looking into another psychologist would be ideal?

Closed Thread