TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brittanygeeze Offline
Just scribble me outta life
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: brittany

Bipolar? - September 5th 2009, 07:01 AM

My problem... I'm angry... all the fucking time.
Like seriously everything makes me angry. Even the smallest things can just set me off. I'm so short tempered and easily irritable and it's really starting to become a problem with my friendships.

I think I'm bipolar with a hint of depression... but who knows. My friends want me to go to counseling but I don't know what I'm supposed to do once I get there. What am I supposed to tell them?
"Well see the reason I get so angry all the time is because people are so fucking dumb."
And then when they ask me if I'm happy.
"Fuck no, how could you be happy on this Earth.... really?"

It seems pointless.

Last edited by brittanygeeze; September 6th 2009 at 02:51 AM. Reason: changing title
  Send a message via MSN to brittanygeeze Send a message via Yahoo to brittanygeeze  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: I'm so angry.... - September 5th 2009, 11:24 AM

I feel like this goes in Mental Health, but don't worry, I'll move it there. It's a lot easier for me to just do it (since we don't actually allow two threads on the same topic) - I swear. [:

I know that some people joke around about anger management classes or sessions, but I think you should seriously consider them if controlling your anger is getting to be an issue to the point where you're losing friends. However, you do realize that there's a problem, and that's possibly the first and most important step. And you're reaching out for help for it, so you're definitely on the right path.

I know this issue has come up on these forums before, and whenever I reply to the threads, there's always one article I like to link to that I find pretty informative. If you want to check it out, it's called Controlling Anger Before It Controls You and can be found by clicking the bold text.

If your school offers any sort of free counseling (most do!), try to take advantage of this. It may be a hard thing to conquer alone, so I think that you should try to reach out for support from other people (such as these counselors at school).

Best of luck with everything. Let us know how things go.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
brittanygeeze Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm so angry.... - September 5th 2009, 11:27 PM

Yeah my best friend Kyle told me to go to the counseling center we have on campus, but it only offers 6 free sessions which should definitely be enough... i hope.
But yeah he told me that by the end of this semester if I haven't started to help myself then he's gonna transfer schools because it's just horrible for him. I'm always so mean to him and I can't help it. I'm just so easily irritable....

Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
  Send a message via MSN to brittanygeeze Send a message via Yahoo to brittanygeeze  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
brittanygeeze Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm so angry.... - September 6th 2009, 12:48 AM

I just took an online screening test thru the counseling center at our school and it told me:
"Your screening results are highly consistent with the symptoms of bipolar disorder. However, this screening is not a substitute for a complete evaluation. In order to determine a specific diagnosis and appropriate treatment, it is recommended that you see a mental health professional or a clinician immediately for a complete evaluation."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: I'm so angry.... - September 6th 2009, 01:15 PM

I hope something gets better, and that you get better at controlling your anger
Best of luck!

Oh sorry about the Bipolar thing
I hope you still get better or something though.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread