TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PerObscurumVox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Should I kill myself? - September 7th 2009, 01:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am not depressed or anything. But I am bored. And I look into the future and I cannot see myself enjoying any jobs and I just see myself being miserable and bored for the rest of my life.

For the past 10 years (I am 15) I have lived out the same scenario every single day. No excitement. I have dreams to be a musician or to own my own recording studio but my parents don't want me to pursue this. They want me to be an extreme academic like my older brother. And I can understand that. So I have pretty much given up.

I think I should just kill myself. Should I? I don't really know why I am asking. Is it a cry for help? Not really but I guess something is keeping or stalling me from asking this. Hmmmm.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Should I kill myself? - September 7th 2009, 01:25 AM

You shouldn't give up. I know your parents don't want you pursuing music of any kind but that doesn't mean you still can't enjoy it in your free time.
Maybe you can find something you are interested in doing at your school so that you don't have to go through the same monotony every day?
Please do not kill yourself.
If you ever wanna talk about anything (serious or not) you can always PM me. =]
Em
PS: If you can edit your first post and mark it triggering for suicide (it should be right next to where you enter the title). If not, someone who has the authority to will probably do so. =]

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Life Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should I kill myself? - September 7th 2009, 01:25 AM

If you want to change, you're going to have to go out there and look for it. Overthinking the possibilities does you nothing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
justlikeme0 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Should I kill myself? - September 7th 2009, 01:30 AM

are you sure you are not depressed? that would have to be serious bordome for you to be asking this question?
but NO. dont kill yourself. please, dont even consider it. push that thought out of your mind.
i have a few things to say
first, just because you cant imagine you having an interesting life now, doesnt mean that you wont in a few years. you could have an amazing life. you are 15. you have tons of time to figure out exactly what you want to do with your life. you could meet a wonderful significant other in a few years and live a wonderful life together. dont give up yet. there is still hope.
and second. dont give up on your dreams because your parents tell you to. thats silly. of course, you should always respect your parents but it is your life. if you really want to do that, then go ahead! dont let them stand in your way. and when you become a famous musican, wont they feel stupid for never supporting you.
but also have a few logical backup plans lined up. have a nice office job during the day but on the weekends follow your musical dream.
things will work out and get better. just wait and see. =)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Should I kill myself? - September 7th 2009, 01:33 AM

What sort of question is this? Darling, you are fifteen. There are a crap load of possibilities just out there for you. It might be smart to focus on your academics at the moment and practise in your free time. There are a lot of musicians who have gone through school and turned out successful. Things might not seem fantastic now but you should not give up completely. Pursue your dream of becoming a musician if that is what you really want. Just know that your education is important as well.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Should I kill myself? - September 7th 2009, 01:35 AM

In short, no. You shouldn't kill yourself.

The future can be as close as tomorrow, or as far away as 50 years from now. Either way, a lot can happen and just because you can't tell the future or see yourself anywhere yet, doesn't mean there is nothing waiting for you. You are 15 and learning and still being exposed to the world. There are lots of things you won't be able to see until you're closer to them. Giving up now will ruin all the good that's waiting. Giving up now will insure that you never see anything in your future.

Just because things have been dull up until now, doesn't mean they need to continue to be that way. Make different choices and do new things that you haven't before. One choice can change the boring things to be exciting. Things certainly won't get better if you consider suicide a pathway. Life is exciting so step outside your boundaries and do something you normally wouldn't. Get out there and have fun. Take lessons in something you've always wanted to, join a team. Do something with music. Write a song. There are so many things you can do to get out of the same things.

The fact that you have dreams is enough reason to stay. The dreams are very real and very possible if you're willing enough to put in the work to get where you want to be. That would mean sticking around and not giving up. So ask yourself how badly you want your dreams to come true. Because I certainly believe in living for accomplishing your dreams.

You can't let people get in your way of a dream. If you have a passion for something, keep it and invest in it. Many people go down a road of settling for life, don't do that. If you want to pursue music, go for it. Not everyone is going to be supportive. But that's okay because other will be, and those people who are supportive can be life long good friends. Goals and dreams tend to change so much, find one and see how you like it. Explore and form an opinion. YOU decide if you want to be a musician, not others. You decide if it's worth it. And when you have decided, don't let anyone else take it away from you.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Adam Offline
Stand in the rain...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Should I kill myself? - September 9th 2009, 07:00 PM

Hey there,

I definitely don't think that you should take your life under any circumstances. Teenage years can be VERY difficult, with hormones, stereotypes, cliques and trying to stay sane. It can sometimes become a bit too much to deal with when everything happens at once. You need to understand that it will not be like this forever.

I guess as a young person you do get into the same routine. Trying to 'obey' what your parents believe in, going to school, homework and trying to manage a social life. It might be like this for another year or two until you leave school but I promise you that it gets so much better afterwards.

When you leave school you will have some more freedom and you can do what you want (within the law etc. ). I do however, think that you should sit your parents down for a serious talk about your future. I think if you want to become a musician then you obviously have the potential and academics isn't for everybody! It's your life. Your dreams and I think you can achieve them.

Good luck! I believe in you :]

Katrina's NERD.
[/color] [/b][/color] [/right]

Closed Thread