TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm Not Who You Think I Am
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Omg! Help. - October 16th 2009, 03:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, things havent been great for me recently, mentally Ive been going completely down hill and things come to a head today when I had a load of professionals standing on my doorstep, declaring that they were going to assess me under the mental health act.
I freaked. Climbed out of my kitchen window and ran.
Ran through the woods and hid fairly deep in..
The police were called.
I self-harmed.
Tied a ligature.
The voices told me to stop it, that this wasnt the right time.. that I needed to appear normal.. so I stopped.
The police found me. Eventually persuaded me into there car and then took me back to my flat, to be lectured by my support workers.
So there planning another mental health assessment, but this time they say there gonna have police in with them to stop me escaping..
Can they really do that? Seriously.. I dont wanna have a mental health assessment.. I only recently persuaded them not to put me in hospital, now I'm having to do it again..
Help..
Anyone else have experiences of mental health assessments with police?
Doesn't that just make it really weird..
I dont know anymore..
F***!!

[x] Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You wont try for me, not now,
Though I'd die to know you love me,

I'm all alone,

Isn't something missing?
Isnt someone missing me [x]

Baby, i want you to be my superman.
  Send a message via MSN to xxCookiiexMonsterxx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ilovelife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Omg! Help. - October 17th 2009, 07:59 AM

I have been in similar situation - the assessment is making sure your safe and not causing harm to yourself. Sounds like you need someone for you to deal with certain issues like the thoughts and self harm. they could help you feel better aboout yourself

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hide The Scars Offline
Moved to a new town again :(
Not a n00b

Name: Kaydence

Re: Omg! Help. - October 17th 2009, 08:08 AM

This probably isn't what you want to hear but, maybe you should go along with this? They just want to help you, they're not trying to inconvenience you or make your life more difficult, they don't enjoy doing this to you but they think you need help.
By the sounds of it you do need help, and going to the hospital might very well be the best place to start. Why are you lying to get out of having to go? I know being in the hospital isn't fun and can actually be kind of a downer but sometimes we have to accept that this is the best place for us right now and to deal with it when it happens. I've been in a similar situation as you, police and all, and had to be brought into the hospital. It's really not that bad, police officers are actually fairly nice people if you treat them with respect.
Really though, it sounds like a trip to the hospital might be a good idea in your life right now, it sounds like you're having trouble controlling yourself and the voices have a lot of influence on you and that's not a good thing. Cutting yourself deep enough to actually be able to even do a ligature is a really good sign that you should be getting more help than you are right now.
Whenever I'm faced with the problem of having to go to the hospital, I always ask myself what do I have to lose? Yah I lose a few weeks of my free time, I might fall a bit behind at work, but I'd be losing even more of my free time and falling even farther behind at work, not to mention some other not so fun stuff, if I don't go. The good almost always outweighs the bad.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Adam Offline
Stand in the rain...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Omg! Help. - October 17th 2009, 04:45 PM

Hey there,

I think what you need to realize is that nobody wants to hurt you, or upset you. Nobody wants to make your life worse for you. It is possible that they can ask somebody to make sure you don't escape if doing so would cause you further harm.

I think that this is going to benefit you. Any kind of treatment or therapy that you will need can be given to you! The professionals can help stop the thoughts, and stop all of the negative feelings that you are experiencing. I think that you should let them asses you. You should also answer anything they ask you honestly and tell them how you feel.

Good luck!

Katrina's NERD.
[/color] [/b][/color] [/right]

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Omg! Help. - October 17th 2009, 05:33 PM

I agree with what is said about. It may feel like they just want to barge into your life and change everything, but they are just trying to make you better. The only reason they involved the police was to keep you from hurting yourself. If you just go along with it and let them know what is going on, it will be easier for them to help you. They may seem like they are against you to stop you from escaping but it's for a good reason. They want you to be ok. Hang in there. Maybe call them up before they come to your house so you know when they are coming and how they can help you to handle the situation. Don't give up!
~Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Firefighter 48 Offline
Firefighter/ EMT-B
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Omg! Help. - October 17th 2009, 08:06 PM

If you do end up needing to go to the hospital it is not a bad thing. I have been before and it can really help. I even had some fun there. Like the others have said I think it would be a good idea to go along with them since they are trying to help you. Feel free to P.M me if you ever want to talk or have any questions about the hospital.
  Send a message via MSN to Firefighter 48  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: Omg! Help. - October 18th 2009, 05:39 AM

Hey,
They are just trying to help you, dont be afraid go along with it and see what they recommned is best for you. if going into hospital is what is best for you then maybe go, it could really help you.

Be honest with them and let them help you. They are there to help.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I'm Not Who You Think I Am
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: Omg! Help. - October 18th 2009, 11:13 PM

I've already been in hospital before. For 3 months. And it sucked.
I hated it, hated every single minute of it. I lied to get my way out
and if I hadnt I could still see myself being in there..
I dont want them to keep me safe, or help or anything.
I want them to keep out of my life.. Im so fed up of these people
taking my life into their own hands.. of interfering in my life..
of taking complete control. Ive had it and I cant take it anymore.
Ive had enough.
I dont wanna be like this forever but I cant lose the little control
I still have over myself..

[x] Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You wont try for me, not now,
Though I'd die to know you love me,

I'm all alone,

Isn't something missing?
Isnt someone missing me [x]

Baby, i want you to be my superman.
  Send a message via MSN to xxCookiiexMonsterxx  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Hide The Scars Offline
Moved to a new town again :(
Not a n00b

Name: Kaydence

Re: Omg! Help. - October 19th 2009, 12:31 AM

I've been there before, my boyfriend has, my best friend has, my dad has. None of us liked it, none of us wanted to be there but we knew it was for the better.
I'm sure you know that if you don't get help what you're going through will only get worse. And when it gets worse you will lose what little control you still have over yourself, but I'm pretty sure losing it to an illness or disorder is worse than losing it to being treated for a few months in a hospital. I've spent weeks tied to a bed, but it's worth it in the end when you have your life back, even if just for a bit.

Closed Thread