TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

View Poll Results: Does this make me sound like I'm insane?
Yes 0 0%
No 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dracopyreheart Offline
The Goddess Incarnate
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: It be Chrissi

Am I insane? - October 25th 2009, 12:24 PM

I know I'm different at school and stuff, being the only one from my town who goes to my high school etc.

But sometimes, people who I thought were friends call me insane, people who I thought hated me are helping me keep calm and those who ignore me are now giving me so much attention that I might as well be a Goddess.

I kinda see things that others can't sometimes, like different coloured sparkly lights around different people. And sometimes I see fire. It scares me, because it makes me think that I'm going insane.

Why are people reacting to me like this now? Why not before? Am I some kind of inhuman freak incapable of living my life normally?

Please help, as I am severely confused and stressed about this situation.

No one cares about me.
So why should I care?

Allow me to close my eyes
One last final time.
  Send a message via MSN to Dracopyreheart  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: Am I insane? - October 25th 2009, 04:23 PM

Hey Chrissi.

First off, I don't think you are insane. I think what you have is a gift and its not something to be ashamed off. You may well be seeing people auras, which is a rare and fantastic thing to be able to do.
As for your friends calling you insane, maybe they just don't understand what you are able to do. Talk to them and explain to them, that this is you and they can either accept you for who you are or not and if they don't, then you can find some much more deserving friends.
The people who are suddenly being nice to you, give them a chance, maybe they are maturing and learning that not everyone is the same and just because they aren't the same, doesnt make them any less human. Talk to them and get to know them. You never know

PM me anytime Chrissi

Mags
xx

The lord says 'before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart'

Jeremiah 1.5

Just keep swimming swimming swimming - Dory from finding Nemo!!

Hold your head high princess, for tomorrow is another day.

You can do tonight without the help of a blade and wake in the morning with the feeling of accomplishment

PM me anytime, I am always here to be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear whats bothering you and words to make you see the hope

A
<3
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Am I insane? - October 25th 2009, 05:28 PM

Hey Chrissi,

Honestly, I do not think that you are insane at all and of course you're not incapable of living a normal life. Most people do not experience the things that you have described but that doesn't mean that you're insane, it just means that you're experiencing things that others don't - you're different and that's okay. I do think that if you're scared about what you're seeing and if it's affecting your day to day life then it may be worth talking to someone about what you're going through and what you're seeing, whether it is a counsellor or a doctor. As Mags has already suggested, you may be seeing 'auras' if that's something that you believe that people can see. However, if it's worrying you then don't hesitate to talk to someone professional about it.

Take care.

Closed Thread