TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Jess

Dream interpretation/meaning?? - October 26th 2009, 05:10 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been having weird dreams lately - it could be because I've been running a consistent fever - but this isn't the first time I've run into these types of dreams.

They ALL have themes of death. Every single one.

Most of the time, it's someone trying to kill me. Most of the dream is me trying to keep out that person - like they're in the house and I'm locked in a room trying to find a way out, and I always wake up before I find that way out. I rarely actually see the person trying to kill me.

The second one is creepier..kind of disturbing actually - it was enough to scare me for a few days.

The dream was really long - and it sounds silly, but it was right in the middle of a zombie apocolypse. This isn't the first time I've had dreams about zombies or cannibals or something trying to eat me alive - I was having dreams about zombies before they started becoming popular again .

TRIGGERING BELOW

This time though, at the end of the dream, everyone I knew was dead. At this time, I feel like I REALIZED it was a dream. And I remembered my dad told me once when I was little to try and blink my eyes rapidly in the dream, and I'd wake up. So I began to blink rapidly - I was being eaten alive, and all I could do was blink. It wasn't working. At all. So my next step was trying to killing myself in the dream. I took my gun, and shot it at the roof of my mouth. And everything went blank. And sure enough, I returned. Back where I was!

So, kept putting the gun in my mouth and pulling the trigger, and everything would go blank - but then I'd come back in the same, exact situation. This went on for a whiiile.

I finally woke up - and I must have been thrashing around like a maniac or something - I think the thing that creeped me out though was that the rough of my mouth ached a little. Maybe I was tongueing it or putting my hand in trying to pull the trigger on a gun aha - still, CREEPY!

Any thoughts?

skydiversinreverse

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kristen♡ Offline
A puzzle in the making
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kristen

Re: Dream interpretation/meaning?? - November 3rd 2009, 11:49 PM

Man, that would scare the crap out of me. Are you worried about anything? Maybe you should talk to someone.

I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we’ll never know most of them.
But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from,
we can still choose where we go from there.
We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

PM|VM|EMAIL
Colyn Riley ♥

Closed Thread