TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iyerLawrah Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lawrah

me in a nutshell. - November 7th 2009, 09:27 PM

im paranoid, very self consious, i suffer from depression, i'm addicted to self harm, and ive been doing it for over 2 years now, im ashed of most things about me, im scared of getting hurt by people, my imagionagion scares me at night, i hear stuff, or maybe thats just because im paranoid, im stupider than i sound, im aragront to new stuff and i dont see myself getting far in life, i dont really pay attenion to what people tell me, and most of the time i dont care about peoples problems- im just curious, im not very good at giving advice and i can be extremely stuck up and bitchy sometimes, i always get crushes on people to easy, i sometimes say mean stuff in my head and they make me feel bad, i loose my temper easy and i stress out easier, im smoking more than i used too, i dont drink hardly and ive never smoked weed in my life and i dont want to. i never cry in front of people. i cry every night, ive been so close to suicide alot of times, my ex used to beat me up, guys have used me for sex,
overall, people dont see this;
they see the always hyper, random, funny side of me.
because i'm good at hiding.

now what do you think?

Last edited by Prozac; November 9th 2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: moved to mental health

(#2 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: me in a nutshell. - November 8th 2009, 12:13 AM

Want to know what I think? Well..I think that you could use someone to talk to about all this and I think that this site is one of the places to do that.

Honestly..the first thing I looked at when I came to your thread was your picture. I see a beautiful girl who hasn't been told how beautiful and wonderful she is. There are certain things that I can relate to in your post. One being the self-harm and the other being that people don't see that side of you. I guess what I wanted to say is that it's okay to break down and cry. You don't always have to be the strong one. We all need help and we all deal with our emotions and problems in different ways but self harm isn't the answer. Its definitely a long road to recovery and quitting entirely but its definitely worth it. Also, I know "sharing your feelings" doesn't really seem like your kind of thing but I urge you to find a way to get things out and vent..its nice to have a close friend to talk to about things who understands what is going on and can support you through them. Even if your way of venting and getting things out is an online blog on here, or chatting with people on this site you've got to find a healthy way to vent.

I know I'm rambling a bit so I'll stop here but if you ever need someone to talk to or just want to chat I'm always here kay?

<3 Take Care

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Broken one Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sian

Re: me in a nutshell. - November 9th 2009, 11:25 AM

I know exactly how you feel. No one knows how much I hurt inside, no one knows what I really think or feel. I go to college and fix a smile on my face and pretend that everything is ok, I'm scared of people finding out the real me, I'm scared of what people will think about me, not even my mum knows what goes on in my head, she just thinks I'm a trublesome teen who's out to make her life hell.

I can really relate to your post and I hope you feel better soon, I know I'm new here but if you ever wanna talk then drop me a pm hun.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: me in a nutshell. - November 10th 2009, 05:00 PM

Hey Lawrah, the core problem is your bouncing off the walls in your mind. You aren't settled and you need a good friend. Try these steps :

-> Calm your mind down. Don't think about anything. Just clear your head.
-> Don't self harm. Many people maybe have said this and i'll say it again, its not good.
-> Whatever problems you have, solve them one at a time. And calmly.
-> Find a good way to release the steam in your head.
-> Stay away from things which you know are bad, even if you like them.
-> Find a good friend.

It seems you need someone to talk to. And amystery said it well and clear. Talk to us and organize your life and the things around you, don't let chaos rule it.

Closed Thread