TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

These nightmares make me sick. - November 8th 2009, 04:47 PM

Sometimes my dreams predict the future, whether it be days, months, or even years into the future. Then there's the ones that only reflect my wishes and dreams, or my fears.

I can't tell which one is which. That's why I'm so scared.

Every night I have some degree of a 'night terror.' I used to have pretty normal dreams, nothing too memorable. But now they're getting worse to the point where I'm hearing and seeing things when I'm awake.

My nightmares are always like this:

1.) I'm in my school during freshman/sophomore year, and everyone's chanting things like 'You're disgusting!' and 'Nobody likes you, you know!"

What's funny is that I've actually received those comments loads of times IRL. Lovely. Oh, and then there's this one:

2.) I'm at my local pool, but it's not during the summer. It's during the winter, and it's cold outside, but the water's warm. I'm a lifeguard, and I go around saying hello to the people I know and get along with all the time, and they ignore me, or they don't hear me.

Then my classmates show up and have taken over my friends' bodies and they say awful things to me, for example, "You'll NEVER do anything right!" or "You just aren't cut out for having friends, you know? Your friends hate you. Everybody does!" And I say back to them, "You're not (name)! She'd never say that!" Then I wake up.

I'm so tired of having these nightmares. They pretty much ruin my whole day. Maybe I should mention these to my therapist...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: These nightmares make me sick. - November 8th 2009, 05:11 PM

Yeah, I would mention them to your therapist, because it seems like they're freakin' you out some. Maybe they'd be able to help you make sense of them (for example, it may just be things your afraid of) or find some way for you to get rid of them. Try not to forget them, and if you think you may forget some start writing them down so you can tell your therapist.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
nobody123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: These nightmares make me sick. - November 8th 2009, 07:39 PM

Definitely tell your therapist. I know it may be hard or even embarrassing but it's worth it in the end. If you have a bad dream, write it down as soon as you wake up. If you want you can just show the piece of paper to your therapist if that is easier than saying it.

Glad to hear things worked out with your parents and therapy.. how is that going?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: These nightmares make me sick. - November 8th 2009, 08:52 PM

We don't have a definite therapist yet, but we're getting there.

And yeah- I should really get a journal near my bedside so I can write the finer details down right away.

Fun fact: you forget half of your dream after 5 minutes, and 90% of your dream after 10 minutes.

I just wonder if these dreams are predicting the future (they're not out of the ordinary, it's been going on for a while now) or if they're just reflecting my personal fears of rejection.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: These nightmares make me sick. - November 9th 2009, 10:39 PM

As other people said, try writing them down.
Get a dream journal with a calming sort of image on the front, or paste some pictures of fun times inside it so when you flip it open and are still feeling a bit freaked out from the dream you'll feel better. Write down the time (when you woke up/went to sleep: this might help by seeing how much sleep you got and if that affects it), the date and every detail you can remember from the dream. Later, you could also look up the meanings of some parts of the dream. Try to do a who/what/where/why/which type thing in it. Compare the dreams. Show it to your therapist so you guys have a solid foundation of evidence to build off of.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: These nightmares make me sick. - November 10th 2009, 04:31 PM

Hey, I've read your post and what other people have written. When you're asleep, you dream of things which maybe in your sub-concious or are just in the back of your mind. If they are premonitions, they shouldn't have anything to do with you personally but with a lot of people and they are significantly different from what you've written. From what you've described these dreams are about you yourself and what is in the back of your mind. This is practically fear overwhelming you. Fear that you aren't good enough to be in your society. How do I know ? Because as you dream, again you dream about what is in the back of your mind. And the key to solving such is to sit down and look in your life to see which area the dreams are most connected to. If they are heavily heavily connected to a part in your life specifically( which your's are ) then you have to deal with that area / issue. For you it is being accepted by the people around you in your school or in your general society / neighbourhood. So you have to meditate about that social part in your life and face the fear that you're not acceptable. And by the way, fear is generated within us ourselves, so work on it, you have been given the explanation. Unless you want to, you don't have to write them down because writing them down won't help you conquer the fear, but if you want to, you still can. Point is writing them down is a small decision which has no bearing on the main issue. Try this out and let us know how it goes.

Closed Thread