TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

When I hear about her life, why do I react the way I do. - November 16th 2009, 11:37 AM

I don't exactly know where this is supposed to be, so if this seems wrong, then put it where you think it should be.

I guess i'll get straight to the point..
Whenever I read about, or see photos of the lives of people i used to be romantically interested in, and no longer stay in any cnsistent contact with, I get overwhelmed with a burning feeling which I am thinking is a mix of jealousy.. anger.. sadness.. I dont know >,<

Why do I feel like this. And why am I still reacting this way when I clearly know what I want in my life. It feels wrong to be feeling this way every time something comes up, like im not supposed to burn up but I do anyways..

Any opinions or suggestions or advice, would be great.

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
nir Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: When I hear about her life, why do I react the way I do. - November 17th 2009, 03:04 PM

it's painful isn't it? i'm experiencing the same thing. people tell me that it's all part of the breaking up and everything....im not sure...

i do know that some things just affect us so strongly that we are never ever able to past it.

i think it's good that you can detach yourself like this and wonder what is happening

(#3 (permalink)) Old
OurLovesSublime Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: When I hear about her life, why do I react the way I do. - November 18th 2009, 09:51 PM

I thinks it just sucks knowing someone has moved on from you. Everyone kinda wants to think that they left some sort of impact on their ex's and don't like to admit that in reality they are doing just fine without you.

I've been with my boyfriend for over two years, we have a son together, and I am 100% happy being with him and no one else... but I still find myself checking up on ex's just to see, ya know. And if they are with someone new I do get a let down feeling with the fact that they are over me and happy with someone else even though I have no desire to be with them.

Who knows, maybe your ex's are looking you up and are getting just as jealous

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ox In A Box Offline
Not a n00b

Re: When I hear about her life, why do I react the way I do. - November 19th 2009, 06:01 AM

It's 100% normal. Someone once told me to think of it as a scar or wound, and I really like the analogy: Every time you hear, read or see pictures about someone that you used to be interested in, it rips open the wound and you experience those feelings that you mentioned. But sooner or later the wound heals up again and those feelings disappear. As time goes on, the scar becomes tougher and sturdier, and it will heal faster every time it opens. Eventually, you may feel a twinge of pain when you are reminded about that person, but the feelings won't be as intense.

You will be fine

Closed Thread