TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs down Please help me figure out some things triggering me - November 26th 2009, 03:27 AM

Hello,
Throughout my years as a human being I have been living in the future. Through this I have gotten good grades and maintained good status' with all my family members. It occurred to me that I have never really been hanging around in the 'now' time...the present. My friends have been all part of the good crowd where people looked up to because they had averages of 98 and 100's and in all advanced. It's high school and I have not really once yet hung out on weekends with a group of friends. I feel sort of in the lonely state of mind. How could I possibly transform my life style and who I am into someone who is busy some of the times with maintaining good grades? How is it possible?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Please help me figure out some things triggering me - November 26th 2009, 04:15 AM

I know it seems daunting to you at the moment, but it's quite simple. You're an academic, so it seems you will be able to keep your grades at their current levels, so long as you don't over do it. A common mistake people of all ages make is getting so involved with school or work that they have little leisure time. What leisure time they do have is spent doing something uninteresting or just something to keep their mind off of school or work whilst they recharge from their busy lifestyle.
Try to get all you need done for school done before the weekend, or at least, do it first. That way you will have enough time to relax and do the things you enjoy. You may want to try and get in touch with a hobby you've neglected for a while, or find a new one. There is all sorts you could do, you could sketch, write, go for walks, go shopping with friends, etc, but make sure it's something that can keep your mind off of school and/or get you out of the house. If you're stuck in familiar surroundings for too long you will be bored and feel 'numb'. Try and get out and about with your friends, Christmas is coming up, ask them if they'd like to go Christmas Shopping with you one Saturday.

Think of things you enjoy doing and try to make time for them each day.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Please help me figure out some things triggering me - November 27th 2009, 03:10 AM

Thanks, yeah I will try that. The thing is my school is filled with a lot of druggies and people of that sort and I dont want to let myself fall into that place because I want to live above the influence you know? the people that actually do have a fun time are those ppeople. how do i try to find a crowd thats fun yet sober?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Please help me figure out some things triggering me - November 27th 2009, 04:13 AM

That would depend on the age of the people around you, somewhat. If they are too young to be drinking, and generally well-behaved, then you are much more likely to get along with them.
It may seem like there are a lot of people who seek their fun by intoxicating themselves with lord knows what, but I think you will be able to find a few people like yourself. It's not easy to pick these people out from the crowd but if you get to know anyone around you, I'm sure it will make it easier.
I was rejected by a group of people because I seemed like a goody-two-shoes, but those who had things in common with me were easier to notice. You may need to put yourself through that to find people you can get along with.

There's nothing wrong with living above the influence, don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. If that's what you truly want and you know it's not for you, then nobody can change your mind, if they try to then, they're not worth having around. You want someone who will like you for who you are currently, not have them try to change and shape you.
I suspect there are people around you who can have fun whilst sober, it's a question of finding them, it will take a little bit of searching from the sounds of it, but it's the best way to learn more about the people around you.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and wiser, that in itself, is worth the fight.

The best way to predict the future is to create it - Peter F. Drucker

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela

Closed Thread