TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

i just cant do it anymore - December 7th 2009, 05:57 PM

hi im a junior in high school and im soo incredibly stressed out by the amoount of work. from the start of the year, ive been feeling like i have this pressure constantly building up inside me and the only way to get it out is by just relaxign during my breaks. but the thing is, during thanksgiving i just couldnt let any of the pressure go. and now i feel like im about to explode.

i told my mom and she realized after seeing me have a lot of panick attacks durign the past few days that iim not okay. i cant take school or anything anymore so i decided that im not going back (at least for the time being). my moms not happy about it but idk what to do. i mean i just cant take the work and two of my four teachers have this "no excuse" policy where i have to turn everything in on time regardless of being sick or anything. i missed four papers today, one more deadline, and two quizzes. i really cant take the pressure anymore.

i feel like i failed. i want to go on and do a lot of things but i really just dont feel like i can. theres a program i was gonna do instead of the second half of junior year where i was gonna go to the sierras and study issues going on in our world. i also have two youth groups and an art class outside of school that i really like but i just dont feel motivated enugh to go to school and do everything so i can then go do these activities i like. i also feel like i failed everyone i love. they all counted on me to go and finish school so then i could go off to an art college

i wanna do all these thigns but im scared that if the pressure just keeps on building up im gonna do somethign completely insane that could hurt me or someone around me. im scared. i dont know what to do. im losst. help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: i just cant do it anymore - December 7th 2009, 06:02 PM

You are close to your breaking point and you need to relieve the pressure. Spend sometime alone. Go to a movie or do something you like. You also need to take things slow, don't get into too much work, it will only hurt you. So spend some time alone, or at home from school and then slowly start going back and remember to take it slow and don't do too much. You don't need to hurt yourself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: i just cant do it anymore - December 7th 2009, 07:40 PM

yeah thats kinda what im doing. just laying back and not doing anything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: i just cant do it anymore - December 8th 2009, 07:29 PM

okay, so my parents wanna make me go back to school BUT they say theyll give me a break cause me and my brother both have a cold. the cold isnt bad but i wanna make it an excuse to stay out for a really long time so im thinking i should just do things to make it worse. any advice?
the only things ive come up w are
not drinking anything
not eating anything for hours adn then eating somethign really heavy like chocolate cake
bathing in ice cold water
getting in one of those spinny chair and spinning around till i puke
sleeping as litte as possible

yeah any more?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
castsomelight Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i just cant do it anymore - December 11th 2009, 01:27 AM

I know how you feel -- I'm a junior too, and I was in the same situation for a while. Is there any possibility you can drop a class or two? I dropped one of my AP classes and started taking the "normal" class, and that helped me a lot. Making yourself sick and just avoiding school isn't going to help you -- you really need to find a way to change your situation. If your school has a counselor, maybe you should try talking to them. If they're any good at their job, they should be able to help you figure out what to do.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: i just cant do it anymore - December 11th 2009, 02:22 AM

I am in the exact same boat as you. in fact i had three panic attacks today but thats besides the point.
I find the only ways that really work to relieve my pressure is crying (and i mean like sobbing), running/exercise, making a list of the things i have to get done then walking away from it for an hour or two and focusing my mind on something else then coming back to it and start with the easiest thing and i cross off each thing i get done. Take breaks (even long ones) between assignments. You may not get it done in a day but you will be able to get it done.

PM me if you ever want to talk/rant or anything. I know how you feel.

I hope this helps!!

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

Closed Thread