TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

asking for help - December 12th 2009, 04:15 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im thinking of telling my mum how i feel and asking her for help. i know a way i could possibly do this. i am just not sure if it will work, as the way i want to do it is not me telling her, more showing her a video i have using images and music. the thing is i did the once before about 3 years ago and she told me 'whats with all the depressing images and whats with the depressing song ?' i told her i was expressing myself. that was 3 years ago, i tried asking for help 3 years ago by showing her a video i had made using images and music. i still make videos. they are just alot more graphic and the music is more depressing. i'm thinking of showing her one of the videos i have made. and seeing what she says. i no i can't go on like this as im getting worse. i just don't know how else to ask for help. yes i know i need help, i know i need to go back and see my doctor. its just hard admitting it to my mum. will showing her the video work this time ? the images are more grahic. im just scared in case she responds how she did last time ? i know i need to get help but to do that i need to tell my mum how i feel. but its to hard to say, because i don't really know what words to use, but the videos i make are exactly how i feel just with images instead of words. should i show my mum the video or a few videos and see what happens or should i not. because i want to but im scared in case she says what said 3 years ago. what do i do ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
chook14 Offline
♪ itchin' on a photograph ♫
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ella

Re: asking for help - December 15th 2009, 05:22 AM

It's great that you're willing to try asking for help again. You should be really proud of yourself! I know that trying to ask for help isn't easy, but no matter how you decide to tell you mum, the most important thing is that you do tell her. I think you could show her the new video, but also tell her more directly that you need help. Could you incorporate a written message into the video somehow? perphaps explaining how you've been feeling? Or you could give her a letter, if you don't feel comfortable talking to her in person. I know it's hard, but I think you should consider talking to her. Just tell her how you feel, and that you'd really like to see your doctor. Like you said, theres always the risk that if you just show her the video she might not understand what your trying to say. I think it's really important to let her know in some other way as well. Don't give up, you deserve to get the help you need. Good luck

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tea-monkey Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: asking for help - December 16th 2009, 11:05 AM

You're really brave wanting to tell your mum, and I know that this can be very scary.

I understand what you mean by expressing yourself, because I like using images and music to express myself, but no everyone works like that. I think people are more literate and spoken, so if you make a video, put in dome quotes or lines that you think sum up your feelings. If you're afraid of doing the video, write a letter. Even if there are pictures in it, she will understand that you are trying to tell her something, and she will try and help.

Another thing - if you've already used a video before, if you use another one then she might work out that you are going through problems again, because the last time you showed her a video was to express yourself and show that you need help.

Closed Thread