TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
...Curt Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Curt

Self-confidence =/ - December 17th 2009, 03:23 AM

Hey.

So i've recently turned a new page in my life.

I've kind of blossomed out of my cocoon of depression and taken a whole new outlook on things and i've been a lot happier...

I'm working full time and applied to college for next fall, so I have things to look forward to and things to keep me busy... and for once I am really starting to like myself and actually feel connected to other people.

Butttt I have bad days =\
Where I question every aspect of myself and just become completely defeated, and I just won't feel on par with everyone else. I'll try and socialize to pick myself up but it's not the same when you are down.

I know everyone probably has their up and down days... but i'm just wondering what to do when you are feeling down and just have no will to socialize? How are you supposed to pick yourself up when your self confidence is shot??

I've been taking anti-depressants too so my emotions and mood can kinda go all haywire sometimes. (I'll have really "high" days and then these extremely low days...)

I'm sorry I guess I just need a little reassurance... I just feel so disconnected with everyone else sometimes =(

(#2 (permalink)) Old
laughter Offline
Electric eyes
Not a n00b

Name: Lilah

Re: Self-confidence =/ - December 18th 2009, 08:19 PM

Hey Curt! I'm really happy for you!!! Finally breaking out of your depression. that's a very big thing for anyone to do =]
and you're right about everyone having their up and down days. but everybody deals with it in their own way. it's really brave of you still try and socialize when you feel down. It shows that you really are trying and that you really do wanna help yourself. and i'm proud of you for that!
personally what i do it try to suround myself with people that make me laugh. once I start laughing my mood brightens up so fast. maybe it would be goood to just focus on the things that make you super happy =]
stay strong and take care =]

You're the missing piece I need the song inside of me

It's not too late, it's never too late

I may have failed but I have loved you from the start
Don't ever let them take
advantage of you!

Closed Thread