TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation December 18th 2009, 03:29 AM

Hey I'm new I just made my account like 2 seconds ago, I'm only 12 and yeah I know this could just be puberty but I think it's more and it frightens me a bit, please read through this and tell me your thoughts cause i just dont want to do anymore.

- I have constant mood swings, sometimes I'm bubbly cheery and then I get so depressed I hit myself, cut myself sometimes and I just want to die so badly. I cry alot and I usually feel heart broken and lonely

- Sometimes like 5 minutes ago, I find it really difficult to concentrate, all these other things bubble inside me,

- I talk really fast sometimes and others just talk really slow or not talk at all because im so depressed that I just nodd or just complete isolate myself from everyone,

- I'm very irritatable sometimes, and I all about chew out my family members and friends, i'm becoming a bitter person mostly though I'm not. It changes.

- I write really fast too, I like to write to express my feelings,

- I feel there are so many different parts to me, sometimes, like now, It just gets hard to keep up with myself and I want to scream.

- I have random out bursts sometimes, and I get very silly sometimes, others I don't.

- I'm eating alot more and I get so tired and It's really hard to get up in the morning to go to school (I'm moving school after christmas)

- Sometimes I just block out the world, be numb, even my mum and sister, sometimes I hate myself and think so many horrible things about myself and I want to die. Sometimes I feel very good things myself and I dont.

It's really confusing but i don't have anyone to talk to, all o fmy friends hate me and I have no friends and everyone bullys me in school - hence why I'm moving,

Everything is moving so fast sometimes and my opinions of the world and myself changes,

Please, please let me know you're thoughts, I really just need some one to talk too, I don't want to die but sometimes I feel it's the only option I have left, I don't want to tell my mum cause it would add more stress onto her, so many things are going to happen next year and I don't think I'm ready for any of them, sometimes I do but right now I dont, please tell me, am I just depressed, or do I have bi polar disorder, or am I just a stupid kid who wants attention?? Please let me know your thoughts,

Also, when I get really impaitent I move alot, and fidget, sometimes I randomley do it, ike right now, I'm finding it very hard to concentrate and it hurts! please help

Last edited by Lizzie; December 18th 2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Merge double/bump post

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wannabeangel Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michelle

Re: Help Please Bipolar Disorder? :'( - December 18th 2009, 07:51 PM

It could be because you're young and all but if you think it's something you want to get checked out then there really is no harm in that. I guess the main thing is to see if there is any pattern to any of this and see if maybe changing things around would stablize things more.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Help Please Bipolar Disorder? :'( - December 19th 2009, 02:54 AM

Well there may be a problem, but it may also just be you going through changes with growing up, or how you deal with problems with other people, etc. Try writing a mood journal, since you said you like writing anyways. Be very specific in it. And try to go to a school councellor about it and see what they have to say. If they fear its more than just going into teen-hood, they can help you figure out other options.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help Please Bipolar Disorder? :'( - December 19th 2009, 03:01 PM

thats a good idea ill try that, thank you for the advice,

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Help Please Bipolar Disorder? :'( - December 20th 2009, 08:18 AM

No problem. I mean, if its just you growing up, you can still come talk to people on here about it, keep in mind. I mean, we all are/have been teenagers, so we'll understand the hardships associated.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Help Please Bipolar Disorder? :'( - December 20th 2009, 10:26 AM

Hey there,

Well I certainly don't think you're a "stupid kid who wants attention" and no one here, unfortunately, can give you a psychiatric diagnosis. It seems like you are worried about things that are happening next year and it would not be unusual for your body or mind to react this way if you're stressed or worried about things. The best thing to do if you do have issues would be to talk to someone about these things. You say that you don't want to talk to your mum and that's understandable, a lot of people don't feel comfortable doing that. You could also consider talking to any teachers or a school counsellor that you may have in your current school or your next school. I'm sure that there are a lot of people out there who are willing to listen to you. You are definitely alone with this.
I'm sure that a lot of other people around your age are going through similar thoughts and feelings right now too as it is most definitely a part of growind up. Mood swings are not uncommon during this time. However, if this is seriously affecting your everyday life then don't hesitate to go and see a doctor about how you're feeling. Medical professionals are the only people who would be able to give you a diagnosis.

Take care.

Closed Thread