TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Freaking Out - December 23rd 2009, 10:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, I've started to freak out, literally every night after I go to bed. After I'm in bed, I'll be calm for about ten to fifteen minutes, however, I start waking up instead of getting more tired. After the ten to fifteen minutes, I start freaking out. That's pretty much the majority of what I know is happening. I don't remember anything else about it. I know that most of the nights I will feel like cutting worse than I've ever felt like it. It's more to the point it's not exactly cutting but stabbing. I still haven't gotten up to do anything while I'm freaking out but I've been close to it.
Last night was the worst, because I remember as much as I ever remember. I have no idea what I was freaking out about but I knew I wanted to cut/stab myself. But I also remember that I ended up crying so much I couldn't breathe. Before I had started crying, I texted my friend these words exactly "Okay i'm literally freaking out. Please sometime text me i need someone to talk to and honestly don't know if i want people to know how badly i'm freaking out pretty much every night. I don't know if I trust telling people it." All of that is 100% true and he was asleep by the time I had texted him and replied when he woke up about 12 hours later. All I told him about it this morning was similar to what I had said last night except for adding in the fact that it was scary as could be. He asked me if I wanted to talk about it and I told him not at the time and he said for me to let him know when I wanted to talk about it, which I might text him later about it.
I also figured out that I can send totally reasonable texts while I'm freaking out. I knew that last night I had gone to bed texting one of the foreign exchange students who is going back to Germany in a few days, but when I looked at the texts, they all sounded like normal. However, that was before I started freaking out really badly, so that could've had something to do with it. =\
I don't know what to do. I'm tired of this and need it to stop before my reasonable side is totally gone, which won't be too long if this continues.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
fullofsecrets Offline
Witness
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kristin

Re: Freaking Out - December 23rd 2009, 10:22 PM

You need to talk to someone about why you are having these episodes. It is possible (and I'm no medical expert) that these fits could be some type of seizure. I'm not trying to scare you but you definitely need to seek help for this right away. Please tell your parents or a counselor or your favorite teacher or someone you trust about what is going on. Another thing you might want to try is have a sleepover and let your friend stay in the room so they can maybe help you out of your "fit." Definitely seek help for this; I'll be praying for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Freaking Out - December 23rd 2009, 10:27 PM

Thanks Kristin.
I know that sometime I'm going to end up sleeping over at his house because my friends are planning on having a sleepover sometime over break. I just don't know when that'll be because we can't do it the next few nights and I know the one I've been mentioning is taking his girlfriend to Chicago at sometime over break. The last time I spent the night at his house (Friday night) I didn't freak out. I don't know why or anything. =\

This is how it ends
How long will it last

PM me =]

Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
fullofsecrets Offline
Witness
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Freaking Out - December 23rd 2009, 10:31 PM

You should really talk to someone about it soon. It may be more of a medical problem than anything.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Freaking Out - December 23rd 2009, 10:40 PM

It would kind of make some sense being a more medical (not mental, per say) problem because I've been having other problems that could relate to it. I've been close to blacking out many times just in the middle of walking and now get dizzier quicker. I'm talking with my friend now, except for he's with his girlfriend so I'm going to talk with him more when he gets home.

This is how it ends
How long will it last

PM me =]

(#6 (permalink)) Old
fullofsecrets Offline
Witness
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Freaking Out - December 23rd 2009, 11:01 PM

That definitely sounds like a medical problem then. I would recommend going to your doctor, who would most likely give you an MRI. I know it sounds a little scary but I definitely think that you do not have a mental problem.

Closed Thread