TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
live.love.laugh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

I dont know if i have a mental health issue or an ability to see the dead please i really need help - December 27th 2009, 12:02 AM

I dont know where to begin really so ill start at the beginning :s i know this is long but its got stages.....

When i was young i used to see people. Like ordinary people but they would be dressed in different clothes from different periods in time, but this was in my house and anywhere else. I used to play games with them and talk to them because to me they were real. My parents told me there was nothing there and that it was in my head. So i believed them and ignored the people when I saw them because it was "unnormal to talk to people who werent there". No one else could see then but me.

I stopped seeing them when i was ten but ive always had feelings that people are watching over me. I cant really explain it but its as if someone is following you around every where and you can just feel them. Of course there isnt anyone actually there. I hear my name being called out all the time like in the dead of night and i go to my parents and sister and they didnt say anything.

A couple of weeks ago it started again but im only seeing faces. Its happening 2 or 3 times a week and when i see them its random. theyre not scary its just scary. I told my parents and they laughed it off. ive told a friend who ive been talking about it just what ive seen so i can kind of cope and its helping a bit. But thats not what im asking. A boy i know told me i might have abilitlies. The thing is he guessed what i see and everything to the feeling of being watched. he said he had something simmilar and that he could feel the dead and their presence and receive messages just not see them. His famliy has other powers to like his grandma can see auras. My great grandma could to. the reason he guessed was because of my face book status " i dont feel safe" he asked why and i said i just no something bad is going to happen and it did there was screaming next door and it went on for hours at the dead of night. I told my parents and they said they didnt hear anything and its 5 in the morining now and im so scared xxxx

Do i have mental health issues or abilities?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: I dont know if i have a mental health issue or an ability to see the dead please i really need h - December 27th 2009, 12:12 AM

It really depends on who you ask... Someone who readily believes in ghosts or past lives is simply going to tell you that you have unique abilities.
Whereas people who think such things are silly, they're going to tell you that you have a metal issue whether it's hallucinations or schizophrenia, up to a professional to figure that out.

Personally, I think it's the later. But I tend to look for that stuff since my boyfriend is diagnosed with it and often heard voices and saw people he knew who'd died and we're trying to get him to 'join them' in darkness...

But, I suggest you simply tell your parents about it again and get to a doctor or psychiatrist to get a professional opinion. =] We are after all, mostly teenagers here.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I dont know if i have a mental health issue or an ability to see the dead please i really need h - December 27th 2009, 06:31 AM

2 Possobilities, It could be schizophrenia (which is VERY dangerous) Or you do have an ability, well, first off TELL SOMEONE! Because if it IS schizophrenia this can harm you. It might not seem that way now but it goes down there....some point. If you're parents dont believe you tell another trusted adult or someone. You need to get help.

I know alot about abilities like that, you could also be a Clair Audient. When you hear the voices calling you - and it's the dead, then thats a clair audient. This happens for lots of different reasons. It could possibly be youre Aura is so bright spirits and ghosts are attracted to it Alot more than normal and they gravitate towards you. It can sometimes drain you of energy.

Anyways...GET HELP!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: I dont know if i have a mental health issue or an ability to see the dead please i really need h - December 27th 2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess View Post
2 Possobilities, It could be schizophrenia (which is VERY dangerous) Or you do have an ability, well, first off TELL SOMEONE! Because if it IS schizophrenia this can harm you. It might not seem that way now but it goes down there....some point. If you're parents dont believe you tell another trusted adult or someone. You need to get help.

As for the schizophrenia thing the person mentioned above... I just want to, I don't know point out a few things. Because personally, if I had read that I'd be scared out of my mind. Which in all honesty you shouldn't be.

Yes, Schizophrenia is a dangerous thing, but it will not always harm you. Many people have very mild cases. Everyone thinks that a Schizophrenic person hears voices that tell them to kill everyone and blahblahblah... This isn't true. The voices or hallucinations will not always tell you to kill someone, or yourself. This is a wrong and hurtful stereotype... (I know this isn't what you're trying to say, but I just wanted to clear things up.)

But, I also don’t mean to say that Schizophrenia should be taken lightly. It can be dangerous, there is no way of knowing really until it's too late and it becomes dangerous. Just also want to point out that Schizophrenia isn't always going to be as dangerous and awful as people might tell you. I still defiantly recommend that you talk to an adult or professional who can help you determine if it is Schizophrenia or some other metal problem, or if it really could be abilities. If it is Schizophrenia or another mental thing (there are others I believe, just don't know names. It could just be brought on by stress after all) you can get good medication that can help this stop and ease your mind. =]

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
Closed Thread