TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Markteenhelp Offline
Mark, Michael, Bry
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Arrow Do i have OCD? - January 3rd 2010, 08:44 PM

Ever since i was little i counted things. When ever i am in a room for more then 5-10 mins i count the amount of walls in the room or else i feel uncomfortable. I never thought anything of it till my BF saw me looking at the walls and he asked what i was doing and i toldm i was counting the walls and he said that is a sign of OCD. Do i have OCD?

Learn from yesterday
live for today
hope for tomarrow

Last edited by Prozac; January 3rd 2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Moved to Mental Health

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Do i have OCD? - January 3rd 2010, 08:46 PM

Hey Bryan,

That definitely could be a symptom of OCD; however, if that is the only symptom you're experiencing, it's not necessarily OCD. Does that make sense? What I mean is, a lot of people have various quirks or certain behaviors that they do. My dad, for example, always double checks the door to make sure it's locked. But, he doesn't have OCD and I do. The difference is that I have way more things than that, and the other big difference is that it interfered with my life. If you find that you are constantly counting and can't stop, and you become seriously distressed if you don't count, I'd say that's definitely worth talking to a doctor/other professional about. They can help you find ways to ease up on the counting and get back to a calmer state!

Good luck to you!
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Do i have OCD? - January 3rd 2010, 08:47 PM

Everybody does little things that may or may not be assosiated with OCD, that's totally normal.
It's OCD when it starts becoming a problem in your life, such as it taking up a large portion of your day, if it keeps you from doing certain things, or keeps you performing well in school or work.

If it's not causing you any significant impairment then it's nothing to worry about.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread