TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dropsofjupiter Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katie

Unhappy Do I have something wrong with me? - January 9th 2010, 07:05 PM

Hi, I'm a teenage girl and lately (in the past couple of years) I have been noticing that my mood swings are rather...drastic.
When I'm happy, I'm known as "the funny one" and always talk way too quickly and ramble and speak before I think - my dad says I'm like Stacey from the X Factor. When I'm sad (and this is quite a bit of the time) I don't speak to anyone because if anyone speaks to me I'll get annoyed and snap and yell and want to lash out. For the last month I've been feeling sad. There's a lot of pressure on me: I have GCSEs and also it's my last year in junior show jumping and I want to qualify for the semi finals. I never see my friends because I'm always working either on homework or the ponies. I live in the middle of nowhere so sometimes it just builds up...like today, i spent the morning revising and in the afternoon i went to ride, but i spent the time crying as well and i didn't want to get up and i don't want to do anything. i just want to sleep. the best bits of the day are when i'm in bed on my own, in the dark. i also have scoliosis and i have to wear a brace and this makes me very angry and upset. when i ride, if my pony stops at a jump, i get very, very heated; I lose my breath and shake and get terrified. im also like this before a competition. no one else is: i know theyre all nervous but im the only one visibly terrified. im always worried about something too. i always lose sleep over worries.

sorry for writing a jilly cooper novel but i really had to get that off my chest. please could someone help me? I'll reply and try to help with everyone else's problems.
x

"you need defeat to add value to your victories" - Rafael Nadal

"feel the fear...do it anyway!"

"i'm on fire and nothing's gonna hold me back, unless blue sky's got a pocketful of tricks to try"

I now have a blog!
please follow my adventures as I strive to find humour in life, the universe, and everything (;

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Do I have something wrong with me? - January 9th 2010, 08:39 PM

Well as you said, you're a teenage girl. It could easily be your hormones. Did you have any idea of what you think could be the alternative?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
krystal_333 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do I have something wrong with me? - January 10th 2010, 04:21 PM

hi...im krystal
yes it could be just as simple as beeing a teenager with hormones, however; i have worked in the medical field and what you are describing sounds like some form of depression. some depression symptoms include: sleeping to much/or losing sleep, mood swings, not wanting to do activities that you once injoyed, wanting to be alone, not liking yourself, eating pattern changes, etc...on the other hand there is another form of depression called bipolar or aka manic-depression....it is called this because there are two phases of this depression...one stage you are very very depressed and the other stage you are very happy, cant sit still bounce around ***you will act like you are strung out on something*** and the mood swings are very intense you can go from happy go lucky to wanting to hurt someone in 2.5 seconds. i am not saying this it what you have but i am saying from hearing your symptoms you really really need to go and talk to a dr. as soon as possible because i do think you have some type of depression......the good news is if you do have depression it can be helped and cured with the right meds.......***but i do hope it is just hormones*** if you need anything else please feel free to email me take care....krystal

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dropsofjupiter Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do I have something wrong with me? - January 10th 2010, 04:47 PM

hi everyone, thanks for replying, im sure as you said theres nothing wrong but im still feeling a bit down.
i find that sport helps (: so i did some of that today, but still all i want to do is sleeeeep !! i might tell someone about how i feel (i know a bit about depression because someone in my family had bipolar disorder) but i think its just one of those things to stick at and itll become clear in the end. (: thanks

"i'm on fire and nothing's gonna hold me back, unless blue sky's got a pocketful of tricks to try"

I now have a blog!
please follow my adventures as I strive to find humour in life, the universe, and everything (;

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Do I have something wrong with me? - January 10th 2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropsofjupiter View Post
hi everyone, thanks for replying, im sure as you said theres nothing wrong but im still feeling a bit down.
i find that sport helps (: so i did some of that today, but still all i want to do is sleeeeep !! i might tell someone about how i feel (i know a bit about depression because someone in my family had bipolar disorder) but i think its just one of those things to stick at and itll become clear in the end. (: thanks
Well from what you said about yourself, it sounds just like typical teenage hormones, with the excess sleep, moodswings, etc.

However, someone in your family has Bipolar? Or did they have it past-tense ("had") and just 'get over it'? Or worse? If they just 'got over it', it was more likely PTSD. If someone in your family is diagnosed with bipolar, then you may want to be careful. Like, if its concerning to you, keep a mood journal or something, and then take it to someone who can medically diagnose you better, perhaps?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dropsofjupiter Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do I have something wrong with me? - January 11th 2010, 10:18 AM

hi, no he still has it ): yeah ill try and do that thanks

I now have a blog!

Closed Thread