TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nekokira52 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Grace

Irrational Fears? - January 11th 2010, 04:37 PM

Okay, so my friend left for dominicon today... And she's gone for 8 days.. And I already have broken down from it and started crying in class when she texted me the final goodbyeee...

She's my bestfriend offline... And I've found I can't live without her and I'm so frigging glad I met her..

But now I'm have hugeee fears that she's going to get hurt it Not come back or the planes going to crash or she's going to get abducted or something what's wrong with me? How can I let myself relax while she's gone? Have any of you ever felt like this?

Thanks guyss

~Gracee

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Average Joe

Name: Clara

Re: Irrational Fears? - January 11th 2010, 07:53 PM

Okay. First, calm down.
It's not a shame to feel and think like that. I mean, you miss her. It's normal. It's very human to have fears and to be afraid of awful things when you miss somebody.
Ofcourse, it's not very probably that your best friend will get hurt. But it's not irrational that you are afraid.
At the moment, you are afraid because you can't control what's happening to her. You can't control anything because she's not here. You can't see her, so rationally, you can't be sure of her wellness. That's why you're worrying.

Because it's your best friend, probably it will take a little time, but after some time, you will relax and be fine. Do you stay in contact? That's important, it will help you and her not to lose each other.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MrZoe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zoe

Re: Irrational Fears? - January 11th 2010, 08:36 PM

You friend seems to be very lucky to have such a caring friend like you. Keep caring like this and i think she has a friend for life.
But here's something i go by on a day to day life, on the odd occassion on having down says
PMA - POSSITIVE.MENTAL.ATTITUDE.
you just need to keep thinking to yourself that your friend is going to be fine.
Reality check is something bad COULD happen, however a hge percentage things usually go to plan... Your friend will be fine, so please stop worry yourself.

Here are some things to help you relax ... May take your mind off things as well.

1) Have a nice long soak in the bath. VERY RELAXING AND SOOOO GOOD!

2) stay off the caffine, not only it keeps you pretty much awake, however i've found in the past it used to trigger anxiety attacks ... once i layed off the caffine, i felt alot better in myself as well. So stick to calming things like peppermint tea, and warm milky drinks

3)calming smells are good, lavender, mint ... you can put these round your room and gives a nice calming atmosphere to it.

4) breathing exercises. Lay down, breathe threw your nose. Turn off your phone and laptop, anything that will grab your attention ... and just take some time out for yourself.

5) if you are worried about what will happen in between, just think about what will happen afterwards when your friend gets back safe and sound.

Remember, it is totally normal to miss your friend, i'm sure she will be very flattered . Chin up and smile! ... Everything will be just fine!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nekokira52 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Irrational Fears? - January 11th 2010, 08:51 PM

Thanks guys and nah I can't stay in contact while she's gone... Her phone won't work outside of Canada or the US so I won't be able to talk to her until she gets backk.

Yeahh so not too long... Just going Going to be.. Tought I guess? She litterly gets me out of bed in the morning some days when I'm feeling low -_- but ah well, I can't live for a week!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nekokira52 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Irrational Fears? - January 14th 2010, 02:11 AM

Rawr, mother nature, or god, or some higher being hates me -_-

The earthquake. The one in hiati... That's close to where she iss so now I'm freaking a tad more xD

Closed Thread