TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jake0852 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Sensitivity Concern? - January 16th 2010, 05:56 AM

Hi everyone i am 17 years old and my name is jacob and but you can call me jake

sorry everyone i dont know if this should be in the relationship section or the mental health section. if i am wrong, i apoligize in advance. thank you all.

i have realized that after a few years recent relationship i was mentally affected in some way or another. i was always concerned with cheating and things of that nature. until one day she had sex with someone else. it tramatized me from then on. unable to trust almost anyone from then on, i became weary of my other mental attributes. such as love,fear, anger, and concern, ect. i have realized that the most weakened area is sensitivity. i am sensitive towards many things a "normal guy" shouldnt be. I also found in recent research that a disorder(?) called de-realization could be the cause. in short, de-realization is when the person(s) becomes almost unable to react how they normally would from a feeling such described as, "a dream". and a few causes of this de-realization theory include drug use, death in family, and trust/fear if you will. of course there are others but those are a few to be mentioned. i believe that my experience with my x girlfriend has left me with almost no trust to recollect and which in some way traumatized(sp?) me. in turn, that affected my natural response to be fairly more aggressive towards most events in my life. which indirectly shows emphasis on my sensitivity. which many have mentioned before. i wish to find a way out of either this de-realization process or to lessen the sensitivity shown in my life?

any response (not answer) would be more than appreciated. thanks alot everyone for listening to what i have to say.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: Sensitivity Concern? - January 19th 2010, 07:20 AM

Hey there,

The only way to find out if you have a mental disorder is to talk to a mental health professional. Perhaps you could see a counselor about what you are experiencing, and get help from there?

Take care.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Sensitivity Concern? - January 19th 2010, 07:35 AM

Well Jake, I'm going to tell you right now, this may not be something to worry about. I had a friend go through the same thing after his girlfriend played mindgames with him. He was either suicidal, or acted like a robot. But, he just got out some more, and now he's got a new girlfriend, though it's taken close to a year. But even getting out more, he started acting like his old self again.

Maybe try getting out more? Meeting new people, hanging out with friends, that kind of stuff? It may help you.

Closed Thread