TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nickel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Niki

I have a problem - January 27th 2010, 08:36 PM

I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, but I have a huge procrastination problem and it is really hurting me.

I honestly can't seem to do anything on time anymore.

I will wait until an hour before school begins to start my homework or I'll end up doing it the class period before it is due.

I have always been very diligent student, but recently I haven't been able to focus.

I fear that this procrastination has caused my grades to slip so much that I may not even be able to take some Honors/AP classes next year. I could never imagine myself in a CP class since I always want to challenge myself. My A's are now turning to C's :/

I even start assignments early, but I find myself getting easily distracted and I lose focus.
In fact, I'm procrastinating right now.

I don't know what to do. Procrastinating leads to stress. Stress leads to major headaches and lack of sleep. And that leads to me looking like one hot mess for no good reason.

I don't even have a valid reason for procrastinating so much. It isn't like I go out or anything... I'm stuck at home most days and I don't have much of a life haha.

"I've never told a lie,
and that makes me a liar,
I've never made a bet,
but we gamble with desire,
I've never lit a match,
with intent to start a fire,
but recently the flames,
are getting out of control.
"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: I have a problem - January 27th 2010, 09:37 PM

I know exactly what your saying. I am a procrastinater and have been my whole life plus I am ADHD so it's hard to focus in the first place. Anyways I'm homeschooled so no one is on my ass about doing work so it seems like it never gets done but I need to start doing it or I won't be able to graduate.

My advise would be to take it one thing at a time and focus on that and then move on to the next thing. I know for me the computer is a HUGE problem for me so maybe if it's the same for you...You can set a time limit where the internet will automaticly shut down after say 2 hours or something. That way you won't have that as a distraction anymore.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I have a problem - January 30th 2010, 05:36 PM

Then stop procrastinating. Get up and do what you need to do. Now you have the motivation for doing your homework, getting back those A's.
Just remember that it takes time for change to come about and reflect. So exert the effort to stop procrastinating.

Closed Thread