TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MamaBear Offline
Me
Average Joe

Name: *Spiffy nickname*

Question James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 28th 2010, 06:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I think I might be insane, but the thing is, well I know others think I'm insane and the part of me that is well still kinda sane thinks they are right but the rest of me knows, like knows in my bones that I'm right so I think I might be losing my grip on reality, here let me start from the beginning.
I'm Isabella, I'm almost 15 and known as Izzy or Iz.
I "lost" my memory at the age of 7 but what I think is my TRUE name Is James, I'm in my late 20s, early 30s, I have a 5 year old son -Andrew- and that -I'm not sure why- but my mind is now in side this girl Isabella, I have been here for almost 6 years now and its driving me crazy. The thing is well when I came in her body I forgot who I was, I thought I was her for a year but then I started remembering my life...my son... my home and well its so confusing because I'm remembering also her past as well as mine, it's driving me crazy not remembering things that where important to me...I can't even remember Andy's mother, my wife, I don't remember anything about her
It's driving me crazy. I miss my son, I miss my life, but...being here for almost 6 years...I have come to love her family, I look at them as my family as well as hers.
The only thing I remember about Andy's mom is that after having Andy she left both him and myself, I'm not sure if she just up and left or if she died or anything... I wouldn't mind being in this body so much but I miss my son, he was only just 5 years old and so close to me.... *sigh* I know I sound crazy but... if you have a child and lost them....you know how I feel...for those of you that haven't had this done be glad, I honesty don't believe there is a pain that is even more painfull then this....I feel like I'm in hell....
I've told my mom...err...her mom..er...whatever I told Carrie this and she said that she had the same thing when she was 12....does this mean its a mental illness? or could it just possibly be that both her and I had the same thing happen to us?
SO? am I crazy? or am I really James?
Sorry this is so long but thanks for reading and replying really it means a LOT.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 28th 2010, 06:25 AM

Well, perhaps you should talk to a mental health professional about this. Because seriously, well, you may have mental illness, or you may have suffered serious head trauma. Either way, it won't do you any good untreated.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Monnocle Offline
An Endless Daydreamer
Not a n00b

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 28th 2010, 11:14 AM

The first time I read this, you reminded me of a friend who believes in past lives the only difference is that my friend would claim it was from a past life. My thoughts changed after you said your mom went through something similar, which makes me think that whats going on is hereditary. I don't know if its helpful or not just giving some thoughts.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MamaBear Offline
Me
Average Joe

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 28th 2010, 05:24 PM

so you don't think I'm really james...?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Monnocle Offline
An Endless Daydreamer
Not a n00b

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 28th 2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLizardIzzyxX View Post
so you don't think I'm really james...?
Well thats the thing, did anything happen near the time you "lost" your memory? Its just so weird because everything you said reminds me so much of my friend. I definitely think that at the very least James is apart of you, because you seem to feel very strong about this. Thinking about again I kind of think you are James. I don't know.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MamaBear Offline
Me
Average Joe

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 29th 2010, 05:13 AM

No, I've never hurt my head or anything, I've never had brain damage before
the pain is so real...its hard to think that it may just be fake....its so real, I've never been more sure about anything in my life...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Monnocle Offline
An Endless Daydreamer
Not a n00b

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 29th 2010, 09:26 AM

I want you to keep in mind that there may be a possibility that it may be real to you but in reality it isn't. I don't want you to feel bad but I just wanted to present that to you. You can pm me at anytime though and tell me what your mom told you when she went through something similar.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Average Joe

Name: Clara

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 29th 2010, 02:41 PM

Did anything happened to you in the past? Before losing your memory? How have you lost it? Did anyone do something to you? Because there have already been more cases in the past of this kind of things, after losing the memory or after a trauma. Do you have any idea of what could possibly be the cause of it?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 31st 2010, 09:02 PM

I can tell you there was no body-swapping or anything like that.

It could be having a past life.

It could also be a mental illness. It kind of reminds me of a disease I read about in a book in which someone could be a patient in a mental asylum, but believe that they are living in their home and that those who check up on the patient are delivery men or milk men. There are also tons who claim to be aliens or Jesus, even Elvis! This could also be what's happening.

I'd say seek professional help because if it is a sign of having a mental illness, it's best to target it early on rather than later. Because with time, believe me, things get worse - so earlier the better.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 31st 2010, 09:07 PM

Well if you have never hurt your head, how did you loose your memory at the age of seven? Because if you didn’t hurt your head, then your amnesia is non-organic. When you were a child, what did your doctor say you had?

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: James...Or Izzy? Crazy or Not?....help - January 31st 2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLizardIzzyxX View Post
So I think I might be insane, but the thing is, well I know others think I'm insane and the part of me that is well still kinda sane thinks they are right but the rest of me knows, like knows in my bones that I'm right so I think I might be losing my grip on reality, here let me start from the beginning.
I'm Isabella, I'm almost 15 and known as Izzy or Iz.
I "lost" my memory at the age of 7 but what I think is my TRUE name Is James, I'm in my late 20s, early 30s, I have a 5 year old son -Andrew- and that -I'm not sure why- but my mind is now in side this girl Isabella, I have been here for almost 6 years now and its driving me crazy. The thing is well when I came in her body I forgot who I was, I thought I was her for a year but then I started remembering my life...my son... my home and well its so confusing because I'm remembering also her past as well as mine, it's driving me crazy not remembering things that where important to me...I can't even remember Andy's mother, my wife, I don't remember anything about her
It's driving me crazy. I miss my son, I miss my life, but...being here for almost 6 years...I have come to love her family, I look at them as my family as well as hers.
The only thing I remember about Andy's mom is that after having Andy she left both him and myself, I'm not sure if she just up and left or if she died or anything... I wouldn't mind being in this body so much but I miss my son, he was only just 5 years old and so close to me.... *sigh* I know I sound crazy but... if you have a child and lost them....you know how I feel...for those of you that haven't had this done be glad, I honesty don't believe there is a pain that is even more painfull then this....I feel like I'm in hell....
I've told my mom...err...her mom..er...whatever I told Carrie this and she said that she had the same thing when she was 12....does this mean its a mental illness? or could it just possibly be that both her and I had the same thing happen to us?
SO? am I crazy? or am I really James?
Sorry this is so long but thanks for reading and replying really it means a LOT.
When people get head trauma or traumatic brain injury (TBI), many do not recall the actual event that occurred when they were struck on the head. They may recall events prior but not the actual event, so it is possible you did have head trauma but don't recall having it. I say head trauma because at the age of 7, people don't suddenly forget everything and assume a new identity, especially one where they believe to have a completely different age and background.

Have you ever had any brain-imaging tests done, such as CAT scans, MRIs and so forth? It could be a form of schizophrenia or a dissociatve disorder (i.e. dissociative fugue), or depending on the results of the brain scans and neuropsychological tests, it could be a form of brain injury. I'm more willing to bet it's a brain injury though, as in the courses I've had of neuropsychology, there are many cases of where someone had TBI and the resulting individual was no resemblence psychologically.

Regarding your "initial body", do you recall how it looked? Do you recall what you wore in terms of clothing, any jewlerry, your sexual orientation, etc...? Do you recall how Andy and Andy's mother looked? If you do recall this information, do any of the descriptions you may produce resemble those of people you know in person or through TV or other means? The reason for asking is you mention how you don't feel the body you're in is yours and if so, you should be able to identify your real body in great detail.

Closed Thread