TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Your local freaky little thing
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Horrid Dream.. - February 7th 2010, 03:16 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I know there have been other topics like this..but meh..Also I marked it triggering because it is just generally difficult to write/read. If I'm wrong..forgive me.

Ok so..I have had this dream that occures time and time again. With my last girlfriend..and my current one. My girlfriend is usually the one involved, but I have dreamed this dream of close friends too. All females.

In the dream..myself and the girl of choice are attacked by two men. One man holds me in a headlock, faceing the other two. The other man than proceeds to violently rape my friend/girlfriend. She cries out to me, reaches for me, beggs me to help her. I am locked though, and can only watch as she is horridly raped.

I want this dream to end. It keeps happening again and again. It has become a sort of bi-weekly occurance. I wake up sweating and breathing heavily, usually crying. One time I woke up and my fingers were bloody and cut up..I still will never know exactly why..

The point is..it is a terror. It haunts my dreams and I can't get it out of my head. I know no miracle cure exists..but please anyone who can help me..please. I want the dream to stop..

EDIT: Also feel free to move this around, mods. It may be better suited for the Mental Health forum. I dunno.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Horrid Dream.. - February 7th 2010, 06:43 AM

dude thats whack man, but you gotta remember its just a dream. Some people say dreams mean things, but i personelly believe they don't.

Maybe they do though, find out what could possibly be bothering you and go from there, maybe its some deep down issues with the girls your dreaming abuot?

osryr if this doesnt make snse, im drunk

(#3 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Average Joe

Re: Horrid Dream.. - February 7th 2010, 03:14 PM

I've been there mate, no worries. =P Blame the rum! If you drink rum..or are you one of those vodka drinkers? BLECH!

ANYWAY! Yeah I try to remind myself it's a dream..still it scares me. I looked into it and basically it means that I have a fear of being unable to protect the ones I love. Yeah..that's about right. I do have a fear of being unable to defend my loved ones..and this dream is probably a manifestation of this fear.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AdamWest Offline
Cool Dude
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Horrid Dream.. - February 7th 2010, 08:32 PM

Have you tried resisting the dream? Like... have you tried being conscious of it while having the dream and doing something to stop it? If you practice thinking about it and trying you might be able to stop the dream, I had a similar problem once

Love life, reading, TV and music.. oh yeah and old Nickelodeon re-runs! Cheap books for any struggling college kids! http://www.booklookr.com
  Send a message via AIM to AdamWest  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Average Joe

Re: Horrid Dream.. - February 8th 2010, 12:05 PM

You mean like daydreaming the dream..and in it kicking the shit outta the two guys attacking us? No..I haven't actually tried resisting it. Next time I enter a meditation I will focus on altering the dream to my wishes. Perhaps that may finally end it. Thanks man!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Horrid Dream.. - February 10th 2010, 06:33 AM

About the fingers cut up, you may have been squeezing your thumb-nail into your other fingers unconsciously as a way to release stress.
I have once read that nightmares cause a chemical "reset" (paraphrasing) in the brain in the form of a shock. For example if something has been causing you a lot of worry or mental anguish, often you will have a nightmare to reset the brain chemistry to its original state, as a sort of defensive mechanism to prevent harmful long term changes to the brain. As we know constant worry and stress has been linked to ulcers and various forms of cancer. So assuming nightmares are a body's defense mechanism, something is causing it to go off.
So, maybe you have been concerned about your relationships with these girls, or are concerned for their safety (or have been into the wrong kind of pron).

If you've ever noticed but when you're dreaming, what ever you expect to happen, it happens. So one thing to do is change your expectations. And if you want to change beliefs or expectations, one of the ways is through repetition.
Try repeating to yourself over and over: "_____ is a strong girl, she can fend for herself and doesn't need me to protect her." So if the dream happens again, it will most likely have a different outcome and thus bring you closure.

Good luck, and let us know what works!

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

(#7 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Average Joe

Re: Horrid Dream.. - February 10th 2010, 05:07 PM

Wow..very in depth. Thank you!

I'll try what you reccomended..already meditating a different outcome is helping a bit.

Thank you all. =]

Closed Thread