TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

anger managment - February 15th 2010, 09:14 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

my dad is threatening me with anger managment counselling, i dont really know what to make of it all, because i have had counselling in the past at a place in town and it did not help me, im still me i dont feel happier or anything, and now my dad threatening me with anger management counselling, i do get angry i no i do but its only because my mum, my sisters and my dad all tease me and wind me up so much that i sorta just exploade if that makes sense ? but the thing is sometimes i jsut cant help it but explode, my dad said he will talk to my mum about it and stuff, but for all that to happen this means another trip to the doctors and me talking to the doctor and all that shit the doctor will then probably wack me on some sort of anti depressant as the last lot of counselling did not work and that what the doctor said he would do if counselling did not work and it has not. im already on sleeping pills and i dont wana be on any more pills, i just pill free! but i dont think that will happen, but the thing is i feel as though im being forced to get counselling i no it will probably do me good and all that shit, but i find it hard talking to counsellors, i calm up and freeze up around them, i sit there not sure what to say, not sure where to start, and stuff. and they dont seem to help me, what do i do ? and also my dad needs anger management he gets proper angry like really angry. i dont know what to do, i have college tommorow, i want to talk to my tutor about all this and about my dad hitting or maybe hitting my sister i cant be sure if he did or not as i was not in the room at the time, but i know i need to talk to someone and i trust my tutor. and i ahve tried telling her things before but she dont always seem to lsiten. i am so confussed and dont know what to do !

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: anger managment - February 16th 2010, 05:05 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with going to anger management. Talk to them about not wanting to take any sort of pills, and instead focus on how you can stay calm and keep control even around your family. Family can be beyond frustrating sometimes, especially when they're not sensitive to others or really just don't care. I think this might give you an opportunity to get your dad to go too. Make a deal with him and say, I will go willingly, if you go to anger management too. If he doesn't listen, confront your mom about it. She'll have more power than you do when it comes to talking your dad into things. Maybe even your sister will agree. If everyone is agreeing how can he refuse? It will look bad. This is at least worth a try.

Not everyone needs pills, but sometimes in certain cases they help. If you don't want them, you have to prove it to everyone. Show that you don't need them. Whatever is making them give them to you, is what your going to have to change. Ask yourself how badly you don't want them. You have to gain self control. Take a deep breath and know that everything is going to be fine.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: anger managment - February 16th 2010, 07:20 PM

my doctor said when i went doctors last year that he dont wana put me on any pills but if the counselling does not work he will have to, the counselling has not worked, now my dads talking about anger managment counselling. but the thing is i know i get angry - but i dont think i get to angry yes i am short tempered some people are, i cant help that. but i know that either way i am going to end up having anger management, but that means going doctors and all that, and then once im getting the counselling does that mean i have to tell my college ? because of like in my student pack when i started it asks about this sorta stuff but at the time i was not having any counselling and then i had some counselling and didnt tell my college, should i tell my college this time and tell them i have had counselling in the past that my doctor reffered me to ? or will that lead to my tutor at college asking questions ? and me having to explain things to her ? sometimes i want her to ask question about home and stuff and sometimes i dont.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: anger managment - February 17th 2010, 11:52 PM

Those are a lot of questions and I wish I could help you out more. It's really up to your doctor to decide on what is best for you. If you don't think it's what works best for you, then speak up and talk to him/her about it. As for college, I don't see any reason why they would need to know about it. If anyone asks any questions about it you can just say that you don't feel like talking about it. Those are personal questions and it's none of their business. They have no right to question you about it if you don't want to give any answers.

Yes, a lot of us are hot tempered, me being one of them.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

Closed Thread