TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Heartbreak Kid Offline
FragileMind
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucy

Unhappy Weird 'dreams' :/ - February 26th 2010, 12:50 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Not sure if it's triggering, but just to be safe
Okay, i don't really know where this should be posted, so i thought i'd try here.
I'll start at the beginning, last December i had episodes where i would go spaced out and not know what i was doing, sometimes i even thought i was 6 and i remembered all the decorations in the house from when i was 6 and even my taste buds went back to then. I forgot people who came into my life after i was 6, except a few people, but i think thats cuz they were around alot. Once i tried to make some toast under the grill and i set fire to a teacloth, if my brother hadn't been in, i don't know what would of happend. Another time i thought i could fly and tried to fly out of my bedroom window, but my (ex) boyfriend was there and he obviously stopped me. Another time i wandered off from my house, but i did come back on my own, which is always good . The strange thing was i NEVER remembered them. They did tests but never found the cause :/.
Anyway i thought all that had sorted it's self out, until the other day

Now i have visions/dreams/hallucinations.. i dunno what they are. The difference is this time A) i see things that haven't happened and B) i remember them . Okay.. so this is what happens:
i just kinda go in my own world, and im in this dream or whatever it is, im older, me and a few people i know, and a few I've never seen before were out, in this mini van.. coming home from a party, and the van swerves off the road into a wall... everyones badly hurt, except the driver, who manages phone ambulances, and they come and take everyone away, some die. some live, but i acctually hear the talking and the crash and the screams and the ambulance and the machines beeping the hospital, the news some have died. and i acctually see scratches and blood on me.
It's so weird

I just wanna know if anyones experinced this or know causes of it? any help would be appreciated and i'm sorry it's so long!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Weird 'dreams' :/ - February 26th 2010, 06:42 PM

Hey there,

I have never experienced this but I will try to help all the same, hope i'm of some use for you.

I think it would be worthwhile you going back to the doctor who you first had the tests with, let them know it's happening again. Perhaps it is worth talking to a Psychiatrist about them? Then at least you have someone you can confide in about how these things are making you feel.

Is there anything that could have possibly happened in the past that could be triggering all of these? Could there have been anything that happened when you were about six?

PM me if you ever need a chat,
Take care <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Weird 'dreams' :/ - February 26th 2010, 07:24 PM

Hi there,

It sounds as though you're struggling right now with these 'dreams' that you're explaining. It is understandable that they may be affecting your quality of life and could be distressing, especially if they're recurrent.
I think that if this is affecting you a lot then it is definitely worth talking to a professional about what you're experiencing. Talking to a counsellor or a doctor could be very worthwhile. If you talk to a professional about these experiences then you may be able to discover a background cause for these dreams and hopefully find a way of controlling what is happening.

Take care.

Closed Thread