TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Lightbulb Schizophrenia, a possibility? - March 3rd 2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
type in a search on google for it, im sure youll find everything you need. general signs are delsuional thoughts, bizzare thoughts and beliefs, hallucinations, hearing voices, paranoia, depression , delusions of the granduer~Guy from EHealth Forum
Schizophrenia.
I've read about it, write about it, heck, I even have a friend with it!
After Willow Rock, paranoia, seeing things, hearing things, have gone to the extremes.
All the time I see stuff that aren't there and I always ask "Did you see that?" to someone. Only answers: "No." or "See What?"
Could it be...?
I have delsuional thoughts, bizzare thoughts and beliefs, hallucinations, hearing voices, paranoia(yep!), depression(definetly), and delusions of the granduer! All the time!
Could it be?
Dunno, any thoughts?
Oh and I already asked my psychiatrist about it, said it's just stress. Highly doubt it though.
But I do have a meeting with him again tommarow...
Maybe I'll convince him.
Maybe.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Schizophrenia, a possibility? - March 3rd 2010, 05:18 AM

Well I think your psychiatrist would know best, but also, based on your age, sometimes they assume it's not a problem.

Maybe if you discuss everything in depth, it'll give a better idea? Unfortunately, there is also the idea that if someone sees symptoms, they can somewhat "self-diagnose", and either accidentally over-analyze things, or even fabricate things in their mind, if they believe there is something wrong.

Really, the best thing you can do right now is sit down and have a thorough discussion with the psych, and if he/she still thinks it's stress-induced, perhaps keep a journal. In this journal, go into the details with the things like what you see, hear, the delusions, hallucinations, everything else. Try to cover the basis as thorough as possible. If you note these things AS THEY HAPPEN (Important for getting ALL the detail) and bring it in, this could make it easier for the psychiatrist to understand.

I wish you the best. Don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Schizophrenia, a possibility? - March 4th 2010, 01:06 AM

As ArcAngel said, your psychiatrist likely knows best. You have to remember that this is someone who went to school in this field probably almost as long as you've been alive. That doesn't make them all-knowing mind you, but I would put some credence in their opinion. There could be any number of things that could cause those symptoms. For example, a lack of REM Sleep can produce hallucinations, which is something not alot of people realize. Even if you do have a disorder in the schizophrenia family, it could very well not be full-blown schizophrenia but instead a related disorder.

Also, if you were truly delusional, you would not realize that you were delusional. Your delusional reality would be so real to you that you would not recognize it as delusional.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ox In A Box Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Schizophrenia, a possibility? - March 4th 2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBL87 View Post
Also, if you were truly delusional, you would not realize that you were delusional. Your delusional reality would be so real to you that you would not recognize it as delusional.
Amen to that. Also when you have untreated schizophrenia, you lack the insight to realize that your thought processes and content are all screwed up.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Schizophrenia, a possibility? - March 4th 2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBL87 View Post
Just a quick note on that comment, because this is not true at all. True, during the delusion you will not realize it is not reality, but afterwards it is completely possible that you will figure out it is not real.

But, you are fourteen and the fact that you might have schizophrenia is extremely unlikely as it normally does not start to appear until late teens and into the early twenties. But since you are having such a hard time, I highly suggest you get a second opinion, no harm in that. But honestly, it could just be boiled down to something as “simple” as stress.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Schizophrenia, a possibility? - March 5th 2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post

Just a quick note on that comment, because this is not true at all. True, during the delusion you will not realize it is not reality, but afterwards it is completely possible that you will figure out it is not real.
Valid point, I was just looking at it semantically. Have=present tense, have had=past, so I assumed it meant that they were present now. It is true that afterwards it is possible to recognize a delusion.

Closed Thread