TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
We Exist Here Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I hate my Mother because she is insane. - March 7th 2010, 07:02 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm going to mark this as triggering because honestly my mother is making me want to kill her.

All she does is nag, and nag, and nag, and nag, and tell me what I should do, and cry, and just... I hate her.

You honestly need to know her to see how insane she is. She will ask me repeatedly if I've done _____ and refuses to believe me. She makes me take medicines twice or triple the dosage because she doesn't believe I've taken them even if I took them right infront of her. she has ridiculous moodswings and is honestly just... Useless. No one would care if she died.

All of my friends ask how I put up with her. She does nothing. she just nags. My sister suffered/suffers from drinking problems and depression and she just turns a blind eye to it because she thinks that "she can solve it". My mother thinks she is a doctor and that she can solve my problems. She can't.

She honestly doesn't know anything but thinks she knows everything. She always says "I /know/ you're _______." I say no I'm not. She won't accept it.

She won't accept that I have an ocd problem (I honestly freak out if people touch my computer/my ceiling fan/etc) and I want help but I can't get it.

My sister went to therapy for years for her anorexia and her depression so now my mother just ignores everything wrong with me because I'm "overagerating" or I should "just shut up".

I can not get therapy and I can't go to my school councilor because he will tell my parents because I'm considering harming her. Therapy from a professional person would bring too much shame on me and my family. I can't bring myself to so it. But I don't want to talk to anyone I know because I don't want to be labeled as crazy. But I want to talk to someone who at least ptetends to care. I just hate her so much. She's the root of all opf this. I. Just. Hate. Her. So. Much.

I'm going to snap. I almost snapped tonight. There was a screwdriver and it took all of my willpower for me not to shove it in her lung.

Last edited by We Exist Here; March 7th 2010 at 07:11 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MasterCylander Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Manda

Re: I hate my Mother because she is insane. - March 7th 2010, 10:13 AM

I don't know what country you live in, but you're a year or less off an adult so get a part time job and prepare move out as soon as you hit 18 if it's truely that bad.
  Send a message via MSN to MasterCylander  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I hate my Mother because she is insane. - March 7th 2010, 10:21 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're finding living with your mother so difficult right now.

It sounds as though your mother has some issues that she needs addressed, and I'd suggest that you do show your concern for her, perhaps encourage her to talk to someone about how she's feeling - it sounds as though she is having a rather difficult time. I know it may be hard to sympathise, but perhaps helping your mother to talk would help your problem of dealing with her mood swings.

It must be very difficult for you to want help but have a feeling that you're unable to receive it. I would honestly suggest that you do talk to someone about how you feel and your concerns regarding your mother. I know that you say that your school councillor could tell your parents, but it sounds as though you really need to vent to someone and perhaps having your mother being told that you're struggling by someone who is more professional could help her understand.

Take care of yourself.

Closed Thread