TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DreamingTonight Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mikayla Jay.

Question Blancing tough challenges - March 22nd 2010, 04:27 AM

Recently my life feel out of control...like...its unstable but im in complete control of everything. At school, I feel as if im sitting there being a quiet student and trying to get my terrible grades up,thinking the teachers are judging me and hating me. Now, i feel im a friend to everyone in my class and everyone likes me. Im liked as a whole by students...teachers is another thing.Sometimes i avoid crossing there paths and take the long ways to classes. I am a very quiet girl around them but will yell,laugh,and have fun when they arent. I just put on a quiet and settle act for them to get myself by. I feel as if im being accused wrongly...like they WANT to get me into deep trouble..like they dont want me to get off about anything. I am trying to get homework grades up. Im trying hard. I have the worst grades. I NEED to pass this year. ive never been held back and im a very smart girl I think. I just dont apply effort (not completeing assignments or turning them in and not studying) and im changing that very much so. But thats not all, I am overweight,trying to lose weight and thats hard to begin with but im in sports and work out alot now and trying to fix eating habits. Thats another tough challenge. My boyfriend has to find a new home with someone within 30 days or he has to live in his car. This is killing me inside. He and his grandpa got in a huge fight. He didnt say much. Another problem. Then, I got beaten the other day by my psycho brother. im not refering to him as a psycho just as an insult. He doesnt have any control over himself and hes 27 (much older than I) and cornered me and beat me. My guardians were upset and I was in hysterics...we got out before the cops came and my brother went to work. Long story short we all had a break down after we all talked (not my brother included) and we are going to keep a peacful enviorment. All together I am overwhelmed with these challenges...I need advise and suggestions on how I can live a happier life and try my best to balance these things out? Please respond, it will be appreciated

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Average Joe

Name: Clara

Re: Blancing tough challenges - March 22nd 2010, 05:53 PM

Hi there!
First of all, welcome at Teenhelp.
It seems like you have a lot of problems. You have bad grades at school, you think that your teachers hate you, it's difficult to lose weight, your boyfriend is in trouble and you were beaten up by your brother.
Firstly, at school, how is your school? How are your courses? Do you like and are you interested in your courses? Did you choose them by yourself? Did you talk about this to your teachers or to your parents? And where exactly do you think is the problem? What do you think is the cause of your bad grades? Are the courses too difficult, do you study enough or are you planning your homework?

You say that you are overweight. Did you talk about this to a doctor? If you think that you have to lose weight, you should find a doctor who can help you to make a diet-plan. Don't try to do it too fastly you're not going to loose 8 kilos in one week.

Your boyfriend is in trouble to find a house or an apartment. In your country, is there an organisation who can help homeless people or people with worries about finding a home?

Did you talk about your brother to someone except you parents? What were your parents saying?

Good luck, and if you need someone, don't hesitate to PM me!

Closed Thread