TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Exclamation what is going on? - March 22nd 2010, 09:02 PM

i hate everyone. I think your all going to lie to me. i think that after i talk to someone that they are gonna go behind my back and spread rumors about me. i can't trust anyone anymore. i'm even scared to write this. i'm so paranoid. and it comes and goes. there are times when i think straight and i'm a normal happy person. but there are times when i think that i cant trust anyone. that everyone is out to get me. and it's getting worse. theres a battle going on in my mind and it won't stop. so i just end up crying because i'm so confused. and then i end up cutting myself to make it stop. but that only helps sometimes and only briefly. even the slightest thing insults me to no end. my friend just recently was disnosed with bipolar depression. and instead of being the good friend that i know i should be and help her and be her with. i want nothing to do with her. it's like she useless to me now. i have mood swings. where i will be really happy and giggly for no reason and then i'll be utterly depressed and cant stop crying. i just want it end. i just want to go to sleep and never wake up. how can i make it stop? gah one more thing after reading this again my mind refused to believe that these are my own words. someone help me. make it stop.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: what is going on? - March 22nd 2010, 11:11 PM

Well have you considered getting a psychiatric analysis and diagnosis yourself?

Anyways, well, at least here, we don't really know who you are, in person, so its not like we COULD backstab you, even if we wanted to. But I don't think anyone here is like that. Some may be, who knows? Not going to lie about it.

But I think you should definitely talk to a professional about these feelings, because if its anything further, better to get it under control sooner.

I wish you the best.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 01:29 AM

yeah i have looked online for the past 5 days and since my paranoia is pretty much on and off; i cant find anything that fits into that.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 01:48 AM

Well thats because looking online only gives a brief idea, not the specifics, and there are things a psychological professional could catch on to that you, or others, may not see.

I highly suggest not looking online, but seeing someone in person, whether a therapist or a psychiatrist

(#5 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 03:45 AM

yeah but doesn't that cost money?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 04:04 AM

tried telling my bfff about this is and she was like nothing wrong with you. now i'm throughly embarrssed. its not my fault that i'm only paraniod sometimes.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 04:18 AM

I don't know, depends on where you live, and if you're in school. Colleges usually have programs to help students dealing with issues, and well, you can always go to the doctor and find out more about things like therapy and psychiatric care.

I mean, you may as well talk to someone and try, right? What do you have to lose?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 04:25 AM

them not believing me and looking like a complete fool. i told my friend and she doesn't beleive me. .

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 04:30 AM

Don't go to online psychiatrists, go to ones in-person. It may cost you some money or it may be covered fully or partially by insurance. You may be able to get some psychiatric help through a college, high-school or university also. Spend the money needed for a proper diagnosis because you can get medications and treatment to address these symptoms you're facing.

As for your friend who claimed you had nothing, mental illnesses have an enormous stigma and many people are incorrect on what they think something is. Was this the same friend who after she was diagnosed, you wouldn't help? If so, then this shouldn't be a surprising result you're getting.

You said you wanted nobody to lie to you so I won't. By the brief description you gave, any credible, self-respecting psychiatrist or psychologist won't diagnose you on that information alone. You need to give more information which is why it's best for one-to-one conversations. Also, lots of communication is through facial emotions, vocal intonation, gestures and body language, so by online, this is all missed.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!YOU'RE$NUCKING$FUTZ!!! View Post

As for your friend who claimed you had nothing, mental illnesses have an enormous stigma and many people are incorrect on what they think something is. Was this the same friend who after she was diagnosed, you wouldn't help? If so, then this shouldn't be a surprising result you're getting.
i don't get this. it not like i didn't help her with anything. i just told her randomly though an email after a good converstation on the phone. and she like BS.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: what is going on? - March 23rd 2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoticon View Post
them not believing me and looking like a complete fool. i told my friend and she doesn't beleive me. .
Okay, but remember that friends and family can be biased. Professionals are just that, professional. They usually won't assume you're making it up, well, unless you are really. Friends and family see the good and bad, and watch you grow up, basically. They also never want to believe anything is wrong. So thats why they're usually biased.

Closed Thread