TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jessica__111 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i can feel myself going insane - May 23rd 2010, 07:24 AM

my mums skitzophrenic because of drugs. she has 5 sisters and 2 of them are also skitzophrenic, my family has a history of alcohol and susbtance abuse, i grew up with it and i know how crazy looks.
im 17, ive been doing drugs for years my mum never minded, except now i feel like im going crazy, i tired acid last year and now every trip i have is terrifying, theres ants all over the walls and even when i touch myself they dont go away, even when im not on it i can sometimes see and feel them, my mind feels like its in a different place to my body, am i completely doomed to be crazy, if i stop now will i not end up like my mum,
is it drugs or genes?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: i can feel myself going insane - May 23rd 2010, 09:12 PM

Hey there! I work with patients who are suffering from schizophrenia, and I'm glad to hear that you're reaching out to the TeenHelp community for support. It's a difficult mental illness to deal with, and you shouldn't have to go through this alone.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know for certain, unless you're willing to go through some testing with a psychologist or psychiatrist. That means ceasing your drug usage, so that s/he can establish a baseline. If the hallucinations continue for a certain period of time and at a certain intensity, WITHOUT your using drugs the entire time, then you may need to begin treatment for schizophrenia. If you continue to use drugs, however, you won't be able to get a clear answer.

I wish you all the best, and I hope that things work out for you soon. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or concerns. =) Please note, however, that I am NOT a psychological professional, just a psychology major who has experience working with patients who are suffering from schizophrenia. Ultimately, your best bet would be to see a psychologist or psychiatrist, as they would be the only ones qualified to assess, diagnose, and treat you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i can feel myself going insane - May 25th 2010, 02:55 PM

Hi there Jessica,

I think that it's absolutely wonderful that you're opening up to us and looking for some support. It is absolutely wonderful that you're seeking support, because that can be very beneficial.
I do think that it's a good idea to talk to a doctor about your concerns. It is a possibility that your experiences could be either due to drugs or your genes, but the most important thing thing is getting some sort of support or help to try and make sure that you don't have to keep suffering from what you describe as 'terrifying trips'.
Only talking to a qualified medical professional will be able to diagnose you or give you the proper help that you need, Jessica, so please reach out.

Take care.

Closed Thread