TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

I'm still normal, right? - May 25th 2010, 07:45 PM

The last month or so I have been hearing voices in my head, 1 or 2 of them I can't really tell. They are very clear but after I hear them I kind of forget what I just heard, kind of like forgetting dreams when you wake up.
It's really starting to worry me. I don't need this right now my social anxiety, OCD, and depression has been enough. I don't really feel comfortable telling anybody this in person, I already feel different enough.

It is getting hard.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
munkyrawr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm still normal, right? - May 26th 2010, 02:58 AM

The same thing happens to me. I've been hearing them for years, maybe since I was around 11.

I don't have or I don't think I have any of those other problems.

My voices talk really fast and really slow and I don't know if it does it at the same time. they usually say what I'm saying.

The last time it happened was two weeks ago during my final. I had to spend 10 minutes trying to calm down and waiting for them to stop talking.

I'm trying not to worry. I told my mom and she told me not to tell anyone or they'd think I'm crazy.

You've only had it for just a month? Are they males or female voices or you don't know?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: I'm still normal, right? - May 26th 2010, 05:27 AM

are you hearing them as in if someone was in the room talking to you? or was it in your head like when you hear yourself thinking and your conscious and stuff? if you were hearing them outside and hearing them with your ears- as thought someone was in the room talking to you- that could be an audio hallucination. that would be something that you would want to mention to someone because audio hallucinations can be a symptom of something else (or it could even be caused by you being stressed out because some people who suffer from depression and anxiety experience audio hallucinations).
if you are hearing them inside your head- like someone would when they hear themself thinking- that isnt anything to be concerned about (as far as i know). that i believe would be caused by stress. i dont really know what causes that, but i know that is more common and like i said, as far as i know its not anything bad.
i know that you dont feel comfortable telling anyone in person but if you are finding this hard to deal with, you really should reach out to someone who can help you.
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm still normal, right? - May 26th 2010, 05:34 AM

Males voices for sure.
When I hear them it's like something is sitting beside me, not in my head.
I feel completely nuts just talking about this. bleh

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: I'm still normal, right? - May 26th 2010, 05:50 AM

Kyle,

You aren't nuts, at all. You're Kyle. You're awesome. You're cool. You're pretty darn amazing. But you're not nuts. If you call yourself nuts you are completely, seriously nuts.

Anyway, I think you might want to consider telling someone about this if it's been going on for awhile now, and if it keeps continuing. It may or may not be something serious, but I think to play it on the safe side you should leave that for a professional to decide. I would take some time, see if it keeps up, and if it does then make an appointment to see a doctor.

You're not crazy, Kyle, don't go thinking that for a second. Everyone has problems, and that's all that this is.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm still normal, right? - May 26th 2010, 03:28 PM

Thanks Amanda

I just can't think of a way to talk to somebody about it without sounding crazy.

Closed Thread