TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
pick1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Erin

Unhappy round 2 - June 5th 2010, 05:59 AM

Okay, so last year i was sick for about 6 months with what turned out to be an anxiety disorder. I couldn't ride in the car, eat in loud places, read, watch movies with alot of motion, or go to school. I was also losing alot of weight (When they figured out what was wrong i was about [Edited by Konstantine - Removing weight numbers]) But they put me on Paxle and everything slowly started getting better. But then about a week ago everything is starting just like it did before. I cant go out to eat with my family, im losing weight, i wake up in the middle of the night with panic attacks, ect. im not really sure what to do. i know they cant keep increasing the dosage of my meds because well i cant see how that could possibly be healthy. im not really into the whole counseling thing. so i was wondering if anyone has any advice they could give me?

Thank you ( I know its long )

Last edited by Prozac; June 5th 2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Removing weight figures.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jaimelu Offline
Not a n00b

Re: round 2 - June 6th 2010, 03:02 AM

1st, im sorry to say that in my experience, drugs won't help, someone there for you will. in the times when ive been so depressed and losing weight rapidly and having panic attacks, i didn't want drugs or doctors or even freinds asking whats wrong. i just wanted somebody to sit there with me, say nothing, and just sit with me givign hugs. so my advice i just sit with someone who cares about, sit there, and say abosolutely nothing. most of the time, thats all it takes. once somone who loves you and cares abaout you reaslises you just want their presence, they'll give you what you need. i hope this helps, you 'll be okay.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: round 2 - June 6th 2010, 05:26 AM

Im really sorry that you are having a hard time right now. Anxiety can be so difficult to deal with.
I understand that you are not into the whole counseling thing, but maybe you can look into group counseling. I have a hard time with individual therapy, but group therapy I find to be so helpful. Also art therapy is great. You may experience anxiety going to the meetings and groups, but if you can push past that it could really help you.

As for the meds, you could try to increase the dosage. Your doctor wont put you on something this is going to be too dangerous. There is a maximum amount that can be prescribed. If you got up to that amount (or near it) and you were still having trouble, your doctor would then switch you to a different medication. Maybe your body kind of grew accustom to the medication that you are currently taking so a change, whether that be an increase in the amount or a different medication, might be something to consider and to talk to your doctor about.

But please do think about some think of therapy. With anxiety, medication is only one of the tools that can be used. Therapy is there to teach you the many other tools. So honestly right now with you not going to therapy, you are missing out of some of the skills that you could use to cope with your anxiety. I understand that therapy isnt for everything- but I think that you should think about it.

"Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person." -Gerard Way
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
Closed Thread