TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mr D Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

really messed up waste of space - June 17th 2010, 11:43 PM

Hi, so for the longest time now ive known ive been messed up. Ive always felt different, as though my mind didnt work the same way as everyone elses. Ive had trouble at home with a mother who cant stand me and trouble with self harm, however up until a couple of weeks ago ive been 'coping'.

I was at a friends house party and drink was flowing and after a few hours his child coinciller mother begins talking to me, questioning me about my life, how i always put others first and she started to uncover that i really dont look after myself or my interests. She tells me about schema therapy and abandoned child syndrom. It struck some cords and upset me deeply because what she she off the sheat was me exactly and it was a moment of relasation.

Ive read into it since then and theres alot of stuff about personality disorders and suicide.

Anyways its taken over my life and ive been dwelling in depression and dont know what to do to deal with myself. She offered advice but that could of just been the drink talking as she was quite drunk, plus i dunno if i can face my friend if he new i was seeing his mum for mental help, ive also considered volintary hospitilization.

I dont know why im posting but i need advice, whatever you can give me, just really messed up and my study is suffering because of it.

If you think im overreacting i couldnt agree more but my heads starting to hurt and i dunno what to do.

Sorry.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thewickedcity Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachel

Re: really messed up waste of space - June 21st 2010, 07:44 PM

It sounds like you really need to get help from someone. Maybe you could talk to your friends mom about her, or someone she knows (she probably has lots of connections), providing therapy for you. Your friend wouldn't know much of what was going on because she wouldn't be allowed to tell him things, so I wouldn't worry about that. But if you'd feel more comfortable, then you should see a different person. I'm sure his mom could put you into contact with someone else. Don't be afraid to seek help. Good luck :]
  Send a message via AIM to thewickedcity Send a message via Yahoo to thewickedcity  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
aaaaaaaa Offline
Not a n00b

Name: aaaaaaaa

Re: really messed up waste of space - June 21st 2010, 10:35 PM

It definitely sounds like you are struggling with depression
First, you should know that alcohol or drugs will NEVER solve your problems and they are a terrible coping technique. The only thing they do is numb you out for a little bit and have the potential to create even bigger problems.
I think voluntary hospitalization would be very beneficial to you. Talk to your mom about it. If you havent already, let her know whats going on with you.
You may not know it, but there are millions of other people who are struggling with depression and emotional problems as you are.
Dont ever feel like you're alone.
And It's wonderful that you recognize whats going on with you - that is the first step in overcoming your depression and getting the help you want and need.
In order for a person to get rid of their demons, they must face them head-on.

I hope this helped
feel free to send me a pm if you need someone to talk to

Closed Thread