TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Name: Samuel

Question could i have OCD? - June 25th 2010, 09:11 PM

i know what OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) is and all that, but im not sure if i just have some personalities of it, or the acctaual disorder. like, whenever i would walk to my bus stop, or home from school, i would have to walk on a certian side of the street until a certian point, and then cross to walk on the othre side, not step on any cracks, and walk at a certian pace. for just walking somewhere, im super careful not to step on any cracks, and walk at a certian pace. if i dont, i start to feel sick, i guess you could say. and then his year at school, i always had to wear a certian sweat shirt everyday, (of cource i washed it every few days) or i would feel exposed and stuff. on the bus, in the morning and afternoon, i had to sit in a certian seat listening to my ipod, or it would feel like my brain was exploding and that the bus would get in a huge accident and either i would be the only one to get injured and die, or be the only survivor and be cumpleatly unharmed. adn then ive noticed that whenever i need to concentrate on something, or im thinking, or im getting stressed or nervus, i either start tapping my fingers, biting my nails, chew on my pencil, whistle, tap my feet or try and crack my nuckles. (try because sometimes i had just cracked them so i couldnt again for a little bit) every half hour or so, i find that i have to pop my knees, elbows or wrists, or try to, until it just feel right i guess. when im not listening to music, i habe to go through lyrics to sngs in my head or i start to freak out- like, pretty much have a panic attack. i have to have everything just perfect, or i have to rearrange it all so it is, or else i feel like something bad will happen. in each vehicle, i have to sit in a certian seat or else i feel like well be cought up in a huge accident, and ill loose evryone i love. if whatever room im in, i dont have the fan on, i feel like the building will catch on fire, like the fan being on could magicly make the bouilding not catxh fire. could i be suffering from OCD, or could this just be some random thing that is really nothing or something compleatly different? if any of this makes any sence...

formerly snowstorm, GoneBeyondRepair, and Breathless in Love
Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
You no longer walk alone.
-Blake Bliss

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: could i have OCD? - June 25th 2010, 10:15 PM

Hey Jordan!

It definitely COULD be OCD. But the best thing you can do is a talk to a doctor/therapist/psychiatrist, as they are the ones who are qualified to tell you for sure. Do you feel that these behaviors are interfering with your life? If so, that's a definite sign that something isn't right. I'd let someone know, like a parent, that you are having a hard time, and ask them to see a doctor--even your own doctor.

Good luck to you!
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread