TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm Not Who You Think I Am
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Borderline Personality Disorder. - July 14th 2010, 01:00 AM

Hey
I was diagnosed with BPD about a year ish ago, not long after being diagnosed I was moved on to adult services.. So I'm not exactly sure how much of the way I'm treated is due to me having BPD and how much is just the difference between CAMHs and adult services..
Other then being seen as a difficult, treatment resistant personality disordered person, I seem to have found that alot of my worries are not taken completely seriously;
Now in the last say 4 months I have been brought in by the police to our local psychiatric unit, for attempting suicide/self harm etc, at least 6/7 times.. Obviously each time I have to undergo a mental health assesment.. Not fun Well my main problem is other then giving me the impression that they feel I am wasting there time, they have recently told me they would never section me due to my BPD diagnosis.. Now as far as I'm aware I have ended up in hospital very ill many times due to attempts, I have also been told that people with BPD have a higher morbidity rate then others so, I did find my time in hospital before my diagnosis helpful despite being told that hospital does not help people with BPD; Generally I'm finding the people that are supposed to work with me in helping me thoroughly unhelpful and on the whole completely ignorant. I'm so fustrated by there whole attitude towards me that often I will end up being unreasonable with them. I mean I'm not asking to be hospitalised at all.. I'm just worried that when I cant keep myself safe that no-one will do it for me and then it'll be too late.. I dont know, just wondering how anyone else with BPD finds there support team is with them? Good or bad..

Also on another note, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the DBT programme? Views please.. I need to come up with good points when I have to speak to my CPN about trying to get on it if thats what I decide..

[x] Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You wont try for me, not now,
Though I'd die to know you love me,

I'm all alone,

Isn't something missing?
Isnt someone missing me [x]

Baby, i want you to be my superman.
  Send a message via MSN to xxCookiiexMonsterxx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - July 14th 2010, 01:22 AM

i don't have any personal experience with BPD, but if you can afford it, maybe go to a private hospital rather than a public one? It service is most likely better since the people are better paid (and by you, so they'd be motivated) and have a lighter case load.

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LostInsideofMe Offline
Shadow-in-the-Background
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Britta

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - July 14th 2010, 05:13 PM

I have also been diagnosed with BPD and I can relate to your feelings with that issue. I don't have a support team whatsoever at the moment due to an amazing lack of resources. I wish I could offer some words of comfort but I don't have any answers. I get frustrated with my family that do try to help, but with their little knowledge of BPD it seems in vain. Anyway, I'm sorry. I don't have much to offer on that, but I wanted to tell you that as someone also with BPD I am here to lend an ear and talk about things whenever the need may arise. I hope you find the answers you have been seeking and the best of luck to you! =]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - July 17th 2010, 08:55 AM

The most important tip I can give you if you want to recover is to be completely honest with yourself. Look up online what all the typical qualities of a BDP person are, seriously think about which ones apply to you (even if it's hard to admit), realize how your emotions are perhaps not appropriate for situations, and learn to change your behaviour. I know it's difficult but you can do it. When you recognize the negative behaviours you have and you recognize that they are in fact negative behaviours it can go a long way to changing it. It's great if you have support along the way though, so DBT would be great for you. Just remember that at the end of the day it's up to you and you only if you want to recover. It's going to be hard and you'll drop lots of times, but if you just pick up and keep going you will make it. If you ever want someone to talk to feel free to pm me!

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SaveMe Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Natasha

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - July 18th 2010, 10:24 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The same thing is starting to happen to me. I was diagnosed with BPD by one doctor and recently went into hospital yet again for being a danger to myself and others. They kept me for a night then the psych on call released me because she seemed to think there was nothing wrong with me I was just too dramatic and didn't cope right? Doctors and hospitals are so frustrating. But we have to keep in mind, theres other people who feel the same way and we're not alone. Theres not much I can offer you just support. I'm here if you ever want to PM me. I'll be glad to talk to you! Just remember you're not alone in this, theres people willing to help. Stay strong and PM me if you likee, <3

And she fights so you won't ignore her,
'cause thats her biggest fear.

Support
Love<3

Keep your head up gorgeous,
they'll kill to see you
fall..
  Send a message via AIM to SaveMe  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - July 18th 2010, 10:28 PM

Omg DBT is THE most stupid thing ever do NOT attend.

Closed Thread