TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KaYlA_jOe Offline
I WANNA LIVE IN walmart!!
Not a n00b

Name: KrAzY kAyLa

Daddy I HATE YOU - July 16th 2010, 12:49 AM

Well i don't think this might be the right place to put this but its almost like he died. If y'all need to move this you can.

Over the past seven and a half years i thought my dad had quit smoking crack well come to find out he didn't... How i found this out he got payed for selling his truck it was $1,000 or more. Well, the guys didnt pick up the truck till the next day and i had to go out there and move the horses into the other gate and my Sister in Law came outside to help. When i got there my dads car was there but he wasn't and i didn't think anything about it cause he always went off with my Great Unk to go do random farm stuff at his place. After we got the horses moved out and my Grampa and uncle went home i went into the house to go get my sister to come up town with me,and on the way there my sister in law told me the whole story.

My dad and his money had somehow found their way to the crack apartments in my moms truck. My dad would have gotten away with it had he not went to McDonalds were my brother works. It just so happened he was on a smoke break and saw him and when my dad saw him he peeled out. My bro would have never noticed. So when he got off at midnight he followed the outrages path my dad had made and found him were he was, CRACK TOWN, as we call it.

Now him and mom are getting a divorce and i no longer want anything to do with him. He has ruined our family for the last time and im done so now he is dead to me and im not grieving as much as i thought i was.

And after wards when everything was said and done i decided not to answer when he called and so he was blowing up my phone and leaving voice mails that said he was still my dad and how sorry he was. And i might have accepted the apology but he was so hateful and he was saying that he was gonna snatch me up faster than i could say Ringo Star. That would have bothered me except the fact that im 16 and live with my Grama who just had a stroke and is home recuperating and getting better and needs me to be there to help her with everything.

My mom says its just the crank talking and he wont do anything but im just 16 Ive taken on the role of home health and the middle child of divorcing parents. I just couldn't stand getting the calls and i had to answer to make him happy but it got to the point i was about to have a break down and told my mom to tell him to stop calling cause i just could take it anymore and i feel like i did the right thing.

I never thought i would be estranged from a parent but here it is. If you have advice it will be good to hear something. Its long and the whole story but i had to tell people who would tell the whole town cause that's just another thing i don't want happening cause i don't wanna be the CRACK HEADS DAUGHTER................

So RANDOM!!
IM THE KINDA GIRL EVERYONE WANTS TO BE BUT IS AFRIAD CAUSE THEY DON'T WANNA STICK OUT IN A CROWD!!!
  Send a message via MSN to KaYlA_jOe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
KaYlA_jOe Offline
I WANNA LIVE IN walmart!!
Not a n00b

Name: KrAzY kAyLa

Re: Daddy I HATE YOU - July 17th 2010, 03:15 AM

I know i have problems and i need advice if thats ok...

So RANDOM!!
IM THE KINDA GIRL EVERYONE WANTS TO BE BUT IS AFRIAD CAUSE THEY DON'T WANNA STICK OUT IN A CROWD!!!
  Send a message via MSN to KaYlA_jOe  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Daddy I HATE YOU - July 21st 2010, 03:06 AM

i can relate.
my mom is like your dad. now i dont even speak to her or see her.
the only advice i can think of is keep doing what your doing.
dont assosiate yourself with your dad,
and if he was truly sorry for what he was doing and wanted to change,
hed get himself help and learn ways to try and gain YOUR trust back.

remember you did nothing wrong, and its not your fault.

stress gets to people,and it obviously got to your father.

keep your head held high and everything will work out in time.

(:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: Daddy I HATE YOU - July 23rd 2010, 07:17 AM

I can somewhat relate. My dad was an alcoholic-in-denial for many years, and seeing him that way tore me apart. A long while ago, my mom sent him to rehab with the intention of divorcing him afterwards, yet when he came back, he came back to stay.

I understand divorce is a really difficult thing, but I harbor many ill feelings for my father who put my family through so much pain. To this day, I still wish my mother had divorced him, even if he's been sober ever since.

If you ever want to talk, send me a PM okay?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LostInsideofMe Offline
Shadow-in-the-Background
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Britta

Re: Daddy I HATE YOU - July 25th 2010, 04:34 AM

Hey!

Keep your head up, you're doing AMAZING! =]

It's hard to be estranged from a parent most definitely. But I believe you should keep doing exactly what you're doing. Time can ease the pain.

I know what you mean, I can relate. The last time I saw my dad was 3 years ago. He broke into the house (my mom was divorcing him because of his alcoholism) drunk as a skunk and screamed at me that he wasn't really my dad! It turned out to be true, too.

But, yea, if you ever need anything, PM me, k? =]

(#6 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Daddy I HATE YOU - July 25th 2010, 05:09 AM

I am not disagreeing with you what so ever but I just want to say something.
He probably didn't tell you that he was still on crack, because he was afraid this would happen. He should have told you, I totally agree and think it was wrong to hide this, but have you ever done something that was not good, and you didnt tell your parents because maybe you were ashamed of telling them, maybe out of embarrasment?
I can totally see how you want nothing to do with him, I would not want anything to do with my dad either if that happened but he is your dad, and I dont think you would like it if he avoided you and never wanted to speak to you again because maybe you overdosed on something? (NOT SAYING YOU WOULD DO THIS - JUST AN EXAMPLE)
I know you are after support and yes its wrong of me to write this but I just wanted to give you my opinion. Im not going to tell you to talk to him again because you are understandably upset, but maybe when you get older you can have some sort of relationship?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: Daddy I HATE YOU - July 25th 2010, 05:31 AM

I actually agree with Emma on her view. However, I have to tell you you've been doing a great job uptil now, and just hold your head high!
Thing is, in such a delicate, or volatile situation, you can never really tell who's at fault. That's why you forget what started this or who's fault this really is, to try and find a solution to the problem. I would like to ask, if you don't mind, what kind of advice would give if it were someone else in your situation instead of you? Or rather, how would you prefer to deal with the situation? The reason I'm asking, is because I feel that when we come up with our own solutions (it can be inspired by other! (; ), they tend to work out the best. Whatever decision you make will be a solution you ultimately make out of choice, not because you feel someone else gave you a solution and you do it because you think there's no other choice (no offense to any of the people who give advice!!!!!, I'm just saying!). Think about it.
And if you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM or VM.
Take care! Hope things go the way they should!

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
Closed Thread