TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Grabungo Offline
Average Joe

Unhappy Nightmares.. - July 16th 2010, 09:23 AM

People. I need help.. I have lots of nightmares. Yesterday i went to sleep and dreamed bad stuff.. Paranormal stuff, Yeah im a christian and ive been praying literlay begging jesus to help me. Its so fucking scary i woke up around 1 AM ALL sweaty, The pillow was wet.. Like a pool of sweat.. I need help, This keeps happening too often

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ThatguyAdrian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adrian Dulian

Re: Nightmares.. - July 17th 2010, 05:51 AM

BloXboX,

I can truthfully admit this has happened to me before a couple of years ago.

A couple of things you can do is:

1: Find out what might be triggering these nightmares. Something that may have happened in the past may be the answer.

2: This how long has this been happening and if theres anything you changed before you started having these nightmares that may be causing it, even a slight change in what you eat can trigger this.

3: Try seeing somebody like a physiologist talk to him about your dreams and what happens in them. This might help a lot trust me.

In the meantime if you cannot find out why your having the dreams and cannot see anyone, try staying at a friends and see if it still happens there. Or try having someone sleep in the same room as you and see if it still happens. Also if there paranormal as in demonic put a cross up in your room along with other things that display your religious belief's. Before you go to bed at night pray. (I'm sorry I cannot help a lot with religion I'm Atheist) I hope this helps.

- Adrian

Always Glad to help

- Adrian

(#3 (permalink)) Old
falling_x Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Vicx

Re: Nightmares.. - July 17th 2010, 12:23 PM

Hey there!

I love nightmares! They are really useful, they let us explore the situations / emotions that scare us the most without coming to any harm. Yes they are scary, but they cannot hurt you.

Adrian has some really good ideas. They nightmares are trying to tell you something. Find out what that something is, deal with it in your waking hours and then you will begin to have less nightmares.

PM me anytime
falling_x

So much for that idea ...

Want a chat? Get in touch ...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: Nightmares.. - July 23rd 2010, 07:33 AM

I've been in a similar situation, where I have not so much nightmares as very disturbing scenarios (I watched someone get buried alive once...that was pleasant). Eating certain foods before going to sleep can sometimes trigger weird dreams, or maybe try switching the way you sleep (I switch which end of the bed my head is at each night).

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Nightmares.. - July 23rd 2010, 09:30 PM

I found that really relaxing myself before sleep helped with nightmares a while ago...admittedly I have weird dreams now, but at the time it was a god send. I got my hands on some relaxation tapes [actually from the heart manual for my arrhythmia, but it worked non-the-less] and they teach you how to seriously relax everything. Not only did it mean I got better sleep, I felt great when I woke up. Both that and soothing musc playing really quietly on my headphones - especially a familiar tune - got me through it.

If they get really horrific, some herbal remedies can help with it - just make sure you get non-chemical ones. I used some called Kalms (Night version) which helped with exam related nightmares.

It can also help to keep a log of your dreams and interpreting what they mean, and sorting out the problem to clear your head.

Good luck!

Closed Thread